Paid Members Supremo Posted February 9 Paid Members Posted February 9 11 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said: The Rascalz are really really shit and annoying and that 'having a smoke in the limo' bit was tragic. I ended up Googling it during the match. Both lads are thirty one years old. Losers. Quote
abucalves Posted February 9 Posted February 9 Eddie Kingston not having anything to do with peak heel Death Riders is wild to me Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 9 Paid Members Posted February 9 14 minutes ago, abucalves said: Eddie Kingston not having anything to do with peak heel Death Riders is wild to me Makes no sense at all! Mox is supposed to be his best friend and Claudio his mortal enemy. The story writes itself. Quote
abucalves Posted February 9 Posted February 9 8 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Makes no sense at all! Mox is supposed to be his best friend and Claudio his mortal enemy. The story writes itself. And he was injured facing Death Rider adjacent Gabe Kidd, really really baffling. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted February 9 Paid Members Posted February 9 10 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said: Hayter/Windsor is a decent team to throw together if you've not got anything better for them, but The Brawling Birds is a god-awful name. It feels oddly derivative of WWE's relatively recent Brawling Brutes too. Battling Birds would be slightly better. Maybe. Isla Dawn looking lovely was the best thing about the Parking Lot Fight, which wasn't a patch on any of the predecessors IMO. Ciampa's entrance is a decent idea, but I can't get over how long he just has to stand there doing nothing waiting for the drop. I'd feel really awkward if I were him. Highlight of the show was making myself laugh by thinking "LOL Captain Hook" when he said how he'd been a captain on every team he'd ever been on. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 10 Paid Members Posted February 10 Somehow I never realised until this morning that the opening ominous notes of the Deathriders theme is the start of The Shining theme. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 10 Paid Members Posted February 10 Dynamite’s in Ontario Canada this Wednesday. The Wild Card Team’s going to be Cope and Christian, isn’t it? Nick Jackson’s going to make them look fucking incredible. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 10 Paid Members Posted February 10 If so kind of it'll be very weird to blow a Edge and Christian/Young Bucks interaction on a random Dynamite. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted February 10 Paid Members Posted February 10 1 hour ago, Supremo said: Dynamite’s in Ontario Canada this Wednesday. That'd be Ontario, CA as in Ontario, California - backyard of the Young Bucks. Those confusing abbreviations (this is partially just an excuse to post this routine, which I love): Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 10 Paid Members Posted February 10 (edited) Ah, crap! Maybe it won’t be Cope and Christian after all! Y2AJ also isn’t possible since Fozzy is currently touring the UK/Jericho’s on the Wetherspoons Pilgrimage. Leaves only one option. A real Tag Team. Edited February 10 by Supremo Quote
Infinity Land Posted February 10 Posted February 10 I know it's daft going by a blank outline, but I thought that could be The Acclaimed. And I've not been paying close enough attention to know where they've left things that it seems possible. Quote
Merzbow Posted February 10 Posted February 10 5 hours ago, Supremo said: Ah, crap! Maybe it won’t be Cope and Christian after all! Y2AJ also isn’t possible since Fozzy is currently touring the UK/Jericho’s on the Wetherspoons Pilgrimage. Leaves only one option. A real Tag Team. Forget Okada and Takeshita, that's a real Japanese wrestling legend. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 10 Author Paid Members Posted February 10 19 minutes ago, Infinity Land said: I know it's daft going by a blank outline, but I thought that could be The Acclaimed. And I've not been paying close enough attention to know where they've left things that it seems possible. I’d actually forgotten about them, but as best as I can remember they ran a video compilation of their bonding trips a few weeks ago and nothing further on screen. It’s a waste of a good story really. I’m guessing it’ll be Copeland and Christian myself, but we’ll see. I hope it’s not one of those situations where they announce the team at the start of the show in Excalibur’s rundown and it’s the Grizzled Young Veterans or something like that. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 11 Paid Members Posted February 11 (edited) I saw Mick Foley mention that he’s been enjoying AEW recently with all the anti-ICE coverage. Am I naive to think they should consider bringing him in? Maybe I’m biased for watching all the In Your House shows recently, but at one point Mick was an actual genius for this stuff. Saved Undertaker’s career. Made stars out of Triple H, Randy Orton and Edge. Somehow took a concept as shit as Mankind the Mutilator and turned it into one of the most fascinating and successful characters of all time. Do we think Mick still has a mind for it? Could he provide something in 2026? Or would he just be pitching a Melina run on top? For that matter, would he even want to come in? Or does he still have that weird Stockholm Sydrome with WWE? They never ever give him half the credit he deserves and barely make mention of him as one of the pillars of the Attitude Era, yet even when he fucks then off for being a horrible MAGA company you still imagine him sending Vince and Hunter poetry about how much he loves them. Edited February 11 by Supremo Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.