Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted February 5 Awards Moderator Posted February 5 Loved that Ospreay video package on this week’s show. He’s been a miss, and while they commented on this as a “we don’t know when he’ll be back”, I’m excited for when it happens. I’d rather have them keep his first appearance back for Wembley than have him against MJF there again. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 5 Paid Members Posted February 5 Mainstream media now covering the, “Fuck Ice!” chants during last night’s show. Fuck yeah! Not very often you get to be proud to be a pro-wrestling fan! I want to say Tony needs to call an audible and put the belt on Brodie, but I’m equally worried this’ll end up with someone getting arrested or taken off the air. Quote
organizedkaos Posted February 5 Posted February 5 I quite liked the main event finish (aside from skipping through the break meaning it made me realise there was 9 minutes of show left and so something was up). I think it was about the best way to do things. You keep intrigue as to whether Brodie can beat MJF in a competitive match (cos despite his aura he loses plenty) but make it clear than if MJF makes a mistake Brodie can destroy him. It makes for a much better dynamic and reasoning to MJF being notably unsure about facing Brodie who despite his size is also not a main eventer and shouldnt have an easy time against the world champ. A competitive eliminator could lead to a great game of chess rematch but that just doesn't feel right for this match at this time (and also being a TV main event) Instead you've got a reason for MJF to be scared but also Brodie is the exciting underdog gunning to upset the champ. Although it'd have been better if it was Swerve doing the distraction right? Hangman doesn't need the extra juice to his feud, fits Swerves character better, keeps things a little uncertain and gives Swerve back some agency.. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 Scheduled for Collision this week: Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 You know the last episode of, “Cheers,” where Sam gives the bar one last wistful glance, before switching off the lights? I reckon that’ll be how the last episode of Collision ends, with Scorpio Sky switching off the lights. Through every year. Through every era. The ups and the downs. Andrade leaving and coming back over and over again. The one constant of Collision. A bang average Scorpio Sky match that never gets him over. Then. Now. Forever. Quote
Infinity Land Posted February 7 Posted February 7 5 minutes ago, Supremo said: The one constant of Collision. A bang average Scorpio Sky match that never gets him over. Then. Now. Forever. His opponent comes out. Sky doesn't turn up. 'oh yeah' by Yello starts playing. Cut to Sky, Ferris Bueller style, telling us all to go home. Making it canon he missed all those announced matches by pulling a sicky. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 What's the story behind the Parking Lot Fight? Completely missed all of that. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted February 7 Awards Moderator Posted February 7 5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: What's the story behind the Parking Lot Fight? Completely missed all of that. GYV have been feuding with Eddie and Ortiz, and when they had their match Ortiz used a Rincewind special* to help his team win. I think GYV attacked them backstage the following week. Or maybe it was Bill and Bryan, who I suppose have previous with Eddie from 2025 when he made his underwhelming return. So last week Eddie wanders up to them during an interview and rambles something about a parking lot fight and also they’re mates with the Rascalz now. Thats more or less it. I just think it’s the next bit of Eddie joining Cody and Jericho in the “own universe” club. Mad how uninvolved he feels when there’s so much on the shows he could elevate by getting his teeth stuck into it. *sock with a half brick in it Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 8 Paid Members Posted February 8 Crazy good card for Wednesday’s Dynamite! Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 8 Author Paid Members Posted February 8 Collision was a really fun show, and the next week of AEW television should be even more enjoyable, with Grand Slam Australia taking place. Ciampa’s been very enjoyable so far in AEW and I liked the main event, even if it did feature he-who-shall-not-be-named. The match against Kyle Fletcher is very difficult to call, it could easily go either way. The strap match should be decent, but I hope Thekla doesn’t win. I like her and all, but she’s not ready for the World Title just yet. Windsor and Hayter becoming a tag team is a good idea, and I already love the prospect of them facing off against Babes of Wrath. I didn’t know the Parking Lot Fight was taking place heading into the show - maybe I forgot - and although it was a fun match, it’s hard not to watch it and wonder what the heck they’re doing with Eddie Kingston. What a waste of an exceptional character. Hook becoming interim leader of The Opps feels like the most pointless promotion in the history of wrestling. He’s leader of a stable that currently only has two active members, how odd. My guess is he expands it during Joe’s absence leading to tension. I can’t wait for Hair vs Hair. I’m edging towards Storm going bald after interference from Mina, but it’s another match that is almost impossible to call. The OC/Toni and Shafir/Yuta combos are perfect examples of why AEW should have introduced mixed tag titles instead of all of those pointless men’s singles belts. Both teams have been so much fun, and it all feels very fresh and interesting. Quote
Chili Posted February 8 Posted February 8 Really, I should whack it in the YouTube thread, but I absolutely love the Stadium Stampede / Anarchy in the Arena match, one of AEW's triumphs. Completely chaotic brawls that really feel it. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 9 Paid Members Posted February 9 Parking Lot Fight was pretty fun though nowhere near the levels of the previous Parking Lot Brawls. Highlighted a few things though: - Kingston is great and it's just so weird that he's been such a non-entity since his return. They should put him in a feud with Ricochet that'd be great telly. - Big Bill is another guy I like who isn't being used. Especially as he's so unique to AEW's roster. This team with The World's Smallest Man Bryan Keith is not good for him at all. - Big Bill's trademark weapon being bricks in a rucksack is very funny. I love it. - Ortiz without Santana is a whole lot of nothing. - The Rascals are rubbish! The last thing AEW needs is more skinny guys who do flips and superkicks. - I liked the Las Vegas city backdrop. Very cool visually and they should have tried to capture more of it. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 9 Author Paid Members Posted February 9 21 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Kingston is great and it's just so weird that he's been such a non-entity since his return. They should put him in a feud with Ricochet that'd be great telly. I’d wondered if his contract was up or something, until he confirmed that he had six years remaining on his current deal. I hope he’s not left spinning his wheels for the duration of that contract. As much as I love babyface Eddie, the prospect of heel Kingston feuding with the likes of Hangman, Swerve, Moxley and Ospreay is a really enticing one. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 9 Paid Members Posted February 9 It's pretty wild how long Kingston has been in AEW and the amount of matches they haven't run with him. Kingston vs Darby would be really good. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted February 9 Paid Members Posted February 9 A perfectly Collision episode of Collision, that. Hayter/Windsor is a decent team to throw together if you've not got anything better for them, but The Brawling Birds is a god-awful name. Parking Lot brawl was a decent laugh and the visual of the Las Vegas strip in the background was cool. The Rascalz are really really shit and annoying and that 'having a smoke in the limo' bit was tragic. Way too much Sky Flight for one episode of TV (Zayda Steel not guilty). The company still feels like it's been stuck in a 'spinning its wheels' mode for about 6 months now. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.