Jump to content

On Topic Poster of the Year  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

The great Frankie Crisp has asked me to take over this bit of the awards for him.

Cast your votes, discuss your picks. Voting will be open until probably Monday 10th.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
  • Paid Members
Posted

Supremo's never ending commitment to writing entertaining and enthusiastic writeups of most shows is just adorable. Love them.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm glad I started watching wrestling again as I've been around on-topic more and been there to enjoy JLM and Supremo's constantly funny and enthusiastic posts and reviews. I voted for one of them but I can't remember which one. I only slept 4 hours last night and I'm old.

  • Paid Members
Posted

This place probably isn't as bad as it used to be but there's still too many snarky arseholes, miserable twats and weird idiots. However as long as the fine folk such as those listed above and in the Unsung and Good Augene polls continue to post here then I'll likely never leave.

For me, the three heroes of the board are @Supremo, @JLM and @BomberPat. Few people are more articulate, thoughtful, informed and interesting in a discussion than Pat. JLM's brilliant show reviews are some of my favourite things to read over a cup of tea when I wake up. I think we're very like minded when it comes to what makes wrestling good except he's far better writing it down than I am. And Supremo's over the top, hilarious hyperbole is a joy to read. When he's excited about something it gets me more excited. When he hates something his reaction makes me laugh my arse off. Between the three of them they tick every box. If they ever stopped posting I think I'd probably be out of here pretty sharpish. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

If they ever stopped posting I think I'd probably be out of here pretty sharpish. 

You’d be on my list for this. You frequently downplay your own contribution to the board, but actually, you provide brilliant insight and logic - even when I disagree with you, it’s hard to fault your logic and the well-thought out nature of your posts.

Our tastes in wrestling, I think, are often very different, and that’s one of the reasons why I enjoy your posts as much as I do. You’re also bloody persuasive, and you’re one of the few people on here that manages to persuade my stubborn arse into your way of thinking.

I love that about you - and I love how entertaining and thoughtful your posts are. If you ever leave, I’ll be absolutely gutted.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Even I wouldn't vote for myself in that lineup this year. And didn't.

Clearly should have though. Someone throw me a pity vote, for fuck's sake.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Thanks to everyone for their votes and kind words. I’d lose my mind if I didn’t have this place to chat so much shit about so much nonsense. For instance, I had to attend a family party on Sunday, and this was me for the majority of it.

IMG_1330.jpeg.6dacf9207007547e84f0b5b7f69dfbf9.jpeg

I voted @JLM , but also want to give a big shout out to @tiger_rick. The forum is always massively improved for having him around. Another example of how AEW saved the business - it helped bring Rick back to the UKFF.

Edited by Supremo
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...