I've Never Seen Starwars

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I’ve never seen a Carry On film. Not deliberately, I’ve just never ever got round to it.

I've got a box set of all of them that I've not even cracked open yet. They're good, but very of their time. 

I've never seen The Usual Suspects because the night before I was going to watch it Kate Thornton gave away the ending on one of those talking heads "I love 1995" things. 

I've sat through Blade Runner, but I wouldn't say I've watched it if that makes any sense? 

I've not seen any of the Nightmare On Elm Street movies apart from Wes Craven's New Nightmare, and the only Friday the 13th I've seen is Jason X, which is a heck of a ride. I do like the Saw movies, and the Scream ones, although I'm way out of date with them.

I fell asleep in the cinema while watching one of the Lord Of The Rings films. 

I only watched the original Die Hard during lockdown. 

I haven't seen the Shawshank Redemption, and neither has my mum. A couple of the regulars mock her over this. 

• Members
20 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

I've sat through Blade Runner, but I wouldn't say I've watched it if that makes any sense? 

No it doesn't.

20 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

haven't seen the Shawshank Redemption, and neither has my mum. A couple of the regulars mock her over this

They sound like twats.

• Paid Members

I just couldn't concentrate on it. My main takeaways from it are that it rains, and Rutger Hauer breaks Harrison Ford's fingers. I was a teenager, and just couldn't get into slow burn films like that. If I tried to watch it again now I might appreciate it properly 

10 hours ago, neil said:

I was never a horror fan either, coming back to the thread title, I refused to go in a store once because there was someone dressed up as Darth Vader and I was scared shitless. Ghost Watch absolutely did me in as a kid. Taped Nightmare on Elm St off Channel 4 and could only watch 15 minutes of it...during the fucking day!

Nightmare on Elm St is a funny one though, because watching it now is just a masterclass in "How on earth was I scared of this?".

That’s why I’m more a fan of ‘vintage’ horror than anything modern, because, after years of watching documentaries about what went into the production of them, you get an appreciation of why it might have been terrifying for the time, particularly in the instances of say the Universal Monster movies of the 30s and 40s or how they’d make William Castle’s movies interactive in cinema screens etc

• Paid Members

Of my peer group, I’m the one known to have not seen films. But that’s not to say I don’t have many films I absolutely love, only I found them much later in life.

So I’ve never seen StarWars, Indiana Jones, The Goonies, Lord of the Rings, Alien, or anything from that era that are generally considered your staples.

I did see RoboCop when I was 6 and it fucked me quite bad for a couple of weeks, and Silence of the Lambs when I was 9. By that time I’d already gotten over the frightful stuff so was ok with it.

I’m sure the more cultured film people of this forum would mock my list of faves, but in case you wondered:

1) The Big Lebowski
2) Blues Brothers
3) Jurassic Park
4) The Exorcist
5) Withnail and I

I don’t seek out horror, but I’ve enjoyed many over the years.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I’m sure the more cultured film people of this forum would mock my list of faves, but in case you wondered:

1) The Big Lebowski
2) Blues Brothers
3) Jurassic Park
4) The Exorcist
5) Withnail and I

A rare case of a UKFFer with good taste. Well done.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

A rare case of a UKFFer with good taste. Well done.

Oh, thank you! I was ready for the criticism, but nice to get your endorsement good sir.

• Paid Members

I like all those, but Withnail & I is one of my all-time favourites. Need to re-watch The Big Lebowski. Loved it when I first saw it, but for some reason I've forgotten a huge chunk of it.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

What happened to you lot.

You're one to talk! I've shaked my head with disgust at some of the stuff I've seen you praise in the DVD/Films thread.

But alas, as wrestling fans truly none of us have taste worth trusting. Good thing we can all congregate here and be rightfully ignored by normal people. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

You're one to talk! I've shaked my head with disgust at some of the stuff I've seen you praise in the DVD/Films thread.

Lies. My taste in films is perfect.

My taste in music however....

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

Of my peer group, I’m the one known to have not seen films. But that’s not to say I don’t have many films I absolutely love, only I found them much later in life.

So I’ve never seen StarWars, Indiana Jones, The Goonies, Lord of the Rings, Alien, or anything from that era that are generally considered your staples.

I did see RoboCop when I was 6 and it fucked me quite bad for a couple of weeks, and Silence of the Lambs when I was 9. By that time I’d already gotten over the frightful stuff so was ok with it.

1) The Big Lebowski
2) Blues Brothers
3) Jurassic Park
4) The Exorcist
5) Withnail and I

I don’t seek out horror, but I’ve enjoyed many over the years.

Out of these, I've only seen The Big Lebowski - I'd never even heard of Withnail and I. 

I've seen Jurassic Park 3 and Jurassic World but not the original, weirdly. I didn't like either of them all that much.