Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
28 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Wasn't Joe/Cena pencilled in for 34 before Joe's injury?

They considered doing Cena vs Joe at 33 with Joe crushing him to become top heel immediately and have a program for when Cena came back, before deciding he'd debut on Raw after Mania instead.

Cena vs Joe was considered for Mania 34 - they started a feud in August then Joe hurt his knee, they interacted at Survivor Series and Joe called Cena out before the Rumble then hurt his foot, and that was that.

Joe slagging off Cena after ending Truth's open challenge US title reign was meant to lead to Cena at Mania 35 at one point. But Cena had filming commitments he didn't want to jeopardize.

Posted

Some good stories to be had with Cena next year.

Him getting his first singles win since 2018 (?) is one, and then the pursuit of title number 17 is another.

I'd like to see PPV matches against Gunther, Cody, Punk and I think him and Logan Paul would be quite a big deal, TV matches against Gable, Dominik and Jacob Fatu would be fun too.

I don't have as much desire as others do for another Orton match though I have to say, but could see that happening at a Saudi show.

Posted (edited)

Never been his biggest fan, but always appreciated his work. Yes he's had low points like his summerslam nexus facing tag match where he took a DDT on the outside and then won the match (which in hindsight he's admitted he was wrong), and having Zack Ryder as his lil Tim.. 

But the good far out ways the bad, unless your Alex Riley. 

I think 17 world title wins is a ridiculous amount, but he surely has to do it, to cap off the last 'Thee Guy' career. 

Definitely a WWE mount rushmore contender, in fact his omission would be ridiculous. 

 

I've always thought Bruno, hogan, arguably bret or shawn, then Austin and Cena for WWEs greatest based solely on their standing. 

Edited by SwayWays
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I think Cena was at his best in-ring in the late 2000s. Especially 2007 and 2008. It's a shame Umaga passed as he was definitely his greatest opponent. During this period he had just really nailed the textbook WWE main event babyface formula. A true modern day Hulk Hogan in the ring.

I hate the AJ and Kevin Owens matches and to me these matches along with his US title stuff is where he took a massive downturn in-ring. From that point onwards all his matches were just endless spots with "shocked face" after kick outs and sadly this became the template style for all WWE big matches from that point onwards to this very day. Absolutely hideous shite. His latter day promos too are fucking terrible. He'd just verbally shred his opponents to pieces, make the performers behind the characters look like the biggest loser ever and kill any genuine excitement to see the match.

His biggest crime though was always his "aw shucks" little smile and shrug he'd do whenever he lost a match. Would just totally kill his opponents win because that look was basically saying ""well I lost this one but never mind, I'll win the next one and be Champion again before you know it".

His best 3 matches are 1) vs Umaga at Royal Rumble, 2) vs Brock Lesnar, Extreme Rules and 3) vs CM Punk on RAW that time before Wrestlemania.

Edited by LaGoosh
Posted

I've never been a fan of Super-Cena as a wrestler but as a guy and an actor, he's pretty good (I enjoyed both The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker).

How about he win the one title he's never held (The IC Title) and spend half of his retirement year defending it in a series of Open Challenges.

Other than one more match for The WWE Title, I'd like to see him and Punk in a Money in The Bank rematch and Cena vs. Gunther could be good.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Cena recently did a guest spot on a TV show I watch (it's a surprise so won't say which show) and he was absolutely awful in it. Batista still the best wrestler turned actor by a decent margin.

Posted
2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Cena recently did a guest spot on a TV show I watch (it's a surprise so won't say which show) and he was absolutely awful in it. Batista still the best wrestler turned actor by a decent margin.

I thought it was a haunting performance.

  • 2 years later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I mean I guess you could say someone isn’t perfect, who really is. But to say that about someone who covered up murder and has multiple allegations of sexual assault is stretching that.

  • Paid Members
Posted

What makes it so weird is that typically when John Cena is asked any question he comes back with a completely meaningless non-answer except when asked about Vince McMahon. 

"What's your favourite match?"

The next one I'm going to have.

"How do you feel about your film Coyote vs Acme being shelved for tax reasons?"

I believe in the business.

"Do you like spicy food?"

Every spice is a learning experience. 

"What are your views on Vince McMahon?"

Love him!

 

Posted
3 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

He finally answered this last month and I forgot to post it here

IMG_2677.thumb.png.c7b5f76c99a6ba2fdb7f76a897d39fc5.png

Great to finally know John Cena's favourite match was as The Prototype Vs Funky Billy Kim & Troubled Youth for UPW in a handicap match in November 1999.

Weirdo fucking robot.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...