Future of House Show Happenings

Future of House Show Happenings  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/30/2024 at 11:00 PM

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

So... not all that long from now I'll catch up with the month we're in. Short of restricting things to one post per month, I'll need a new historical toping to look at. Which of the following combinations of promotion/jumping on point do you guys think would be best?

Apologies for doing a thread about a thread, but as I can't insert a poll into an existing thread, there wasn't much choice!

(and of course by 1990 in that choice, I mean 1988)

Edited by air_raid
He does this, he does that, he's big as a bull & quick as a cat

• Paid Members

I went WCW from 1990. The fun of this for me has been in seeing unexpected names pop up, and that feels the best era for some of that.

Any WCW from the 90s would be great. I enjoyed going to see WCW and the house shows were good value for money, even when they were in the doldrums. You'd get a good mix of real star power then stuff like Haku/Meng in a fatal Four Way for the Hardcore title. Im not sure if I'm thinking about TV tapings, but the set up and production values were pretty decent too if I remember right. 

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I went WCW from 1990. The fun of this for me has been in seeing unexpected names pop up, and that feels the best era for some of that.

Ah, a Firebreaker Chip fan.

1 minute ago, Donald J Trump said:

Im not sure if I'm thinking about TV tapings, but the set up and production values were pretty decent too if I remember right. 

You probably were. ((insert Nash story about complaining "This is jojo! We always had music up North!" and Sting and Savage going "Fuck this" and going out to wrestle regardless))

• Paid Members

Yeah, I completely missed out on WCW as an entity (only got into WWF shortly pre-WrestleMania X7) and all my context for it comes during the Invasion or things I've heard/seen afterwards. Would be delighted to get a sense of its history through your writing

4 hours ago, gmoney said:

They did a mad run of house shows in clubs at some point the 90s didn't they? With absolute scrubs? 

The only thing that comes to mind are the "Spring Break-out" episodes of Nitro in the late 90s, which came from the club in Florida that was the location of the last Nitro. It doesn't sound like the events you're referring to though as they weren't house shows and didn't feature just scrubs. It was definitely a club though. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

The only thing that comes to mind are the "Spring Break-out" episodes of Nitro in the late 90s, which came from the club in Florida that was the location of the last Nitro. It doesn't sound like the events you're referring to though as they weren't house shows and didn't feature just scrubs. It was definitely a club though. 

https://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=shows&show=102044&feld=ergebnisse

This is the sort of thing I mean. Not sure if exactly this is exactly it or if the venue is a club, because it's all half remembered from hearing about it ages ago, but this sort of line up, with sub 100 attendance. Look at that card. 

Edited by gmoney