Your 5 (or as many as you like really) policies

SuperBacon

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

OK it's not just the weeks your kids miss. It's the weeks when the teachers who teach your kids are off. Plus there is a massive shortage of teachers, so who is filling those lessons? How does the school budget for having to pay supply teachers to fill those gaps when school budgets are already stretched beyond their limits anyway? It's unworkable and costly beyond belief. 

Ok a few things here:

- out of all the things posted in this thread, some of which are totally insane and unworkable in any realistic way...why has this one in particular got your back up? Especially one designed to help families struggling financially...maybe you're the Tory 😉

- my post was written in 30 seconds while I was killing time (in UKFF fashion, probably on the bog). Unfortunately I don't have a 250 page planning dossier ready to resolve all possible situations, issues, funding and planning so please forgive me for that.

- in a world with nuclear programmes, wars, international trade, global infrastructure projects, etc etc is teachers and students taking a small amount of time off during the school year such an insanely unworkable beyond belief prospect? 

57 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

but two weeks holiday isn't a automatic right. If you think it is you a probably a Tory. 

Yeah it is, didn’t know the trade unionists who made it so were tories though. Every days a school day, unless all the teachers are taking term time holidays and the school is closed obviously. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Ok a few things here:

- out of all the things posted in this thread, some of which are totally insane and unworkable in any realistic way...why has this one in particular got your back up? Especially one designed to help families struggling financially...maybe you're the Tory 😉

- my post was written in 30 seconds while I was killing time (in UKFF fashion, probably on the bog). Unfortunately I don't have a 250 page planning dossier ready to resolve all possible situations, issues, funding and planning so please forgive me for that.

- in a world with nuclear programmes, wars, international trade, global infrastructure projects, etc etc is teachers and students taking a small amount of time off during the school year such an insanely unworkable beyond belief prospect? 

You know what, you are right. I've has a courtesy car while mine is in the garage and the DAB has been stuck on 5Live. They've discussed it a few times and 5Live phone in shows are where the comments section of the Mail and Guardian come to do battle in audio form. I think I've been infected by the fucking daily Mail! Call me The Blue Lion from now on it seems 😢

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

23. Nationalize caravan parks in Skeggy so kids can get a free week or two on holiday.
This'll go with the nationalized trains which add an actual proper journey or ten there a day.

67. Make "-ize/-yze" official British spelling - we don't use zeds enough. No other switches to Americanization, mind.

26 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

You know what, you are right. I've has a courtesy car while mine is in the garage and the DAB has been stuck on 5Live. They've discussed it a few times and 5Live phone in shows are where the comments section of the Mail and Guardian come to do battle in audio form. I think I've been infected by the fucking daily Mail! Call me The Blue Lion from now on it seems 😢

You're a Millwall fan, so you're already a Blue Lion!

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 9:52 AM, Merzbow said:

1. Nationalise Wetherspoons, no buying it, just nailing Tim to a wall and taking all his properties.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

23. Nationalize caravan parks in Skeggy so kids can get a free week or two on holiday.
This'll go with the nationalized trains which add an actual proper journey or ten there a day.

33 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You really are taking the piss now.

You clearly aren't aware that he posted policies 2 to 22 at a tournament in Rio de Janeiro.

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This reminds me of a mate who used to insist on calling the rapper Jay-zed, which annoyed me no end.

Did he refer to Fiddy as Fifty Pence?

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

6. Everyone should get a designated number of "the weather's bollocks, I'm not coming to work" days - if you look out the window and it's absolutely pissing it down, nobody should expect you to trudge through it to work. Conversely, if it's 30+ degrees and bright sunshine, there should be an equivalent number of "the weather's great, I'm not coming to work" days too. 

12 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

6. Everyone should get a designated number of "the weather's bollocks, I'm not coming to work" days - if you look out the window and it's absolutely pissing it down, nobody should expect you to trudge through it to work. Conversely, if it's 30+ degrees and bright sunshine, there should be an equivalent number of "the weather's great, I'm not coming to work" days too. 

Apply to school as well. "Wet breaks" are absolutely shit. 

But not if it means those BLOODY KIDS being everywhere eh @Lion_of_the_Midlands 😆

• Paid Members

47. Everyone who drives a joke so far into the ground it becomes antipodean should be forced to support Arsenal upon pain of death. Arsenal duvet covers and wallpaper to be mandatory for them. If they already support Arsenal then it is their rivals they have to support. Manchester City. 

13 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

47. Everyone who drives a joke so far into the ground it becomes antipodean should be forced to support Arsenal upon pain of death. Arsenal duvet covers and wallpaper to be mandatory for them. If they already support Arsenal then it is their rivals they have to support. Manchester City. 

spacer.png