Your 5 (or as many as you like really) policies

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

@BomberPat This is far and away the best thing about where I work. Fully remote, across two countries and as a manager of a team I have almost complete leeway over how & when they work. So long as the work's getting done and we're hitting our targets there's very little scrutiny at all.

1-2 days off work holiday can be approved same-day, so someone on my team can wake up, go "Fuck today" and I can give them the day as holiday (so long as it's not going to make us miss a deadline, someone can cover the work etc.) and when the weather's good it's common for them to dip out in the early afternoon for a few hours and do some evening/weekend work to make up for it.

Plus it's the only place I've worked that has some kind of sickness insurance policy. Don't know the details (nobody has ever needed it yet) but through an insurer you can get something like 70% of your salary for up to three years if you're off on long-term sick (presumably things like cancer etc.)

6 - Personalised number plates for business are allowed. For people they are also allowed but the person has to sign the sex offenders register for 5 years. 

Similar to @Jesse I'm really lucky that I have a manager that let's us do similar, but I'm going to say that's because she's great rather than it being strict policy as, without doxing myself, I work in local government which isn't exactly the most "informal" sector, but we are allowed to work whenever we want really.

Quite a few do school runs and sometimes I'll message and say I'm taking the kids for a coffee on a whim after pick up and I'll make up the time and it's never an issue. Really blessed for that, I never take it for granted.

Having said that, in regards to the informality, I am always amazed when I do my travel expenses and they don't ask for proof. Of course at a later date you may be asked to provide it on a random check, but it instills a massive trust value throughout this way I guess. Completely different to when I worked in the private sector and you had to provide every single thing before claiming expenses.

Oh by the way, if you're ever asked, you're all clients and I travelled to see you 1st class 😆

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Mandatory 5 year prison sentence for anyone that says you can still buy Brannigans crisps.

"These were in B&M a few months back" NO THEY WEREN'T YOU FILTHY FUCKING LIAR!!!

Death penalty if it’s Ham And Pickle related offences.