Earth Swallowing

Accident Prone

• Paid Members

Happy Birthday to who Frankie?

Was it aimed at someone, who’s name did you say when it got to the “Happy Birthday dear…”?

Sounds like a nightmare. That would wake me up screaming for years.

• Paid Members

That story actually reminds me of one, that has the inverse punchline. 

A group of my mates set themselves up as a function band, for whom I'd occasionally dep on vocals. I did such for one gig, a birthday party for twin girls at a very nice country house down a mile long tree-lined drive. Whoever they were they had plenty of money. Couple of the lads claimed they saw Dave Gilmour at the party, although I didn't. 

Anyhow, came to the point in the set where you'd remind everyone why they're there and play/sing Happy Birthday. Give it the big build up, then turn to the keyboard player who's job it was to accompany the singing. See he's got a look of terror on his face. He's had a complete mental blank on how to play Happy Birthday. 

In a fit of panic, he just starts playing the first thing that comes to mind. Which, for some reason, was the main theme from Jurassic Park. 

There's no coming back from that. 

22 minutes ago, Statto said:

In a fit of panic, he just starts playing the first thing that comes to mind. Which, for some reason, was the main theme from Jurassic Park. 

Did they attempt to sing Happy Birthday to that theme?

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, FLips said:

Happy Birthday to who Frankie?

Was it aimed at someone, who’s name did you say when it got to the “Happy Birthday dear…”?

Sounds like a nightmare. That would wake me up screaming for years.

A woman on the first row whose birthday I knew it was. The look she gave me when I started…

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Did they attempt to sing Happy Birthday to that theme?

No, but it has become a running joke in our circle.

"Happy bir-irth-day, happy bi-irth-day, happy birthday to YOUuuuu..."

• Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, deathrey said:

Oh @Frankie Crispthat's like something off a sitcom. Well done for staying on stage though as I probably would have bottled it and walked off

To be honest, I meant to post in this thread when it was first created because I’m a walking crap sitcom when it comes to making a fool of myself. Once I get round to sorting that census out, I’ll jot down more of my calamitous experiences so you can all wonder how I make it through a day.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

To be honest, I meant to post in this thread with it was first created because I’m a walking crap sitcom when it comes to making a fool of myself. Once I get round to sorting that census out, I’ll jot down more of my calamitous experiences so you can all wonder how I make it through a day.

The first series will be based around your dating life, with the finale being you finally find a partner. Then it's about everything else.

Some Mulvers Do 'Ave 'Em

• Paid Members

Me and Mrs raid were looking for some pittosporum for ages. Thought we knew which one, there was some fairly healthy specimens growing on the front of a neighbours. One day I knocked on the door and a lady answered. I said ;

"My partner and I have been admiring your bush."

She laughed and said "Really?" - I wanted to die.

36 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Me and Mrs raid were looking for some pittosporum for ages. Thought we knew which one, there was some fairly healthy specimens growing on the front of a neighbours. One day I knocked on the door and a lady answered. I said ;

"My partner and I have been admiring your bush."

She laughed and said "Really?" - I wanted to die.

quagmire GIF