The Crisp Sandwich Theead

Thefatduck

I'll be honest, I use grated cheese all the time so have no idea why I said that.

Maybe I thought he meant packet of grated cheese, but then I buy that all the time? Sorry @Nexus lad.

I'm in a foul mood as I ordered shopping but I've messed up and it's coming between 10 and 11. Fuck sake.

• Paid Members

The greatest discovery of my last few years was finding the grater attachment for the blender does a great job with cheese. Spent so many years using a manual grater like a scrub

36 minutes ago, Nexus said:

The greatest discovery of my last few years was finding the grater attachment for the blender does a great job with cheese. Spent so many years using a manual grater like a scrub

I've recently discovered the small holes (Will you stop?) on the grater. Spent so many years using the big holes like a scrub.

Hula Hoops, Wotsits and Monster Munch are fine crisps but belong nowhere near a butty. Wotsits and Monster Munch I’ll allow if crushed to powder as then you get the wonderful concentrated powdered flavour without the consistency problem but it has to be an accompaniment to the sandwich filler main event of meat or cheese.

Warburtons Toastie bread.

Tesco sliced Corned Beef.

Walkers Ready Salted.

Spreadable Lurpak and Dijon Mustard on the bread. Slightly crush the sandwich for a bit of crushed crisps texture.

Admittedly not eaten one of these in years. I doubt I could afford Lurpak nowadays tbh.

• Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

Granary bread, proper butter, sliced banana with whole Walkers Salt & Vinegar crisps. Pushing it down as you slice it is a sound I’ll never not love. Vimto to wash it down.

Oh and it’s a butty, not a sandwich.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

I can't do 'regular' crisps on a sandwich because that contrast between soft bread and shards of hard crisps doesn't work for me. But stuff with a bit of melt to them like Wotsits and Quavers work much better. Bung some ketchup on it, a good filler.

35 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I can't do 'regular' crisps on a sandwich because that contrast between soft bread and shards of hard crisps doesn't work for me. But stuff with a bit of melt to them like Wotsits and Quavers work much better. Bung some ketchup on it, a good filler.

Very valid points, especially the point about the ‘melt’, but I feel that the contrast IS one of the defining features of a true crisps sandwich.