Knockout Chaos: Joshua vs Ngannou - Mar 8 🇸🇦🥊

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/1/2024 at 12:14 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

I think Joshua might just walk through him. It has that stink about it.

Inevitable.

Ngannou wasn't different, he just didn't have the element of surprise or the good fortune to be facing another man who lacks any fundamental seriousness and struggles to get himself up for things he has no respect for.

• Paid Members

How much has Francis made for his 2 fights? I've seen a load of people posting Dana laughing gifs and 'send him back to mma' but surely he's made more in a year than he would have his entire UFC career if he resigned (by a looooong way) 

37 minutes ago, chokeout said:

How much has Francis made for his 2 fights? I've seen a load of people posting Dana laughing gifs and 'send him back to mma' but surely he's made more in a year than he would have his entire UFC career if he resigned (by a looooong way) 

He had by his first fight. I read speculation this fight was worth £15m to him which probably comes close to doubling or tripling his entire UFC purse winnings. You’d think that that dirty dirty money will come and change things up sooner or later.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

We have established this guy's I'm always being serious and legit for whatever reason still on here because it's pretty much the only platform I can talk and get my thoughts about wrestling and MMA out of my head

Yes I didn't expect it at all not Francis and not getting knocked out like that not at all and many others felt and thought the same so it's not exactly outrageous but I get anything I say is ridiculous most the time but I really still feel so shocked and devastated seeing that 

I mean no offense dude, I can't always tell tone with the written word. :)

Im just gobsmacked that its even a surprise to anyone, never mind shocking. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, chokeout said:

Yeah, and from what I’ve seen, most of the gloating is coming from MMA fans. Well, I should say UFC fans because ever since Francis left the UFC there’s been a vocal section of the fanbase that’s been shitting on him and wanting him to fail outside the UFC. You’d think it’d be more the hardcore Boxing lot wanting to see his downfall and there’s been some of that. But what I’m seeing, I’ve seen Francis get a decent amount of respect from the Boxing side and it’s mostly the UFC/Dana arse rimmers giving him grief. They were just waiting for something like this to happen.

I think everyone with eyes knew the way the Tyson fight played out was a bit down to the element of surprise and a lot down to Tyson not taking it 100% seriously. But regardless, Ngannou still fought way better than anyone expected. This AJ fight always felt like bad news though. If nothing else, I’m just glad he got the Fury fight first and it went how it did, so at least he got 2 big fights out of it. Imagine if this AJ fight would’ve happened first and ended in similar fashion? I know it might’ve been different then because then it would’ve been Joshua dealing with the unknown and the element of surprise. So he mightn’t have found it quite as easy as he did last night. But I don’t think there’d have been that same level of complacency like there was with Fury. There might’ve been a bit more caution and a longer feeling out process but I think it would’ve ended the same. If Ngannou fought AJ first he might’ve been ‘one and done’ in Boxing.

Bless him.

Genuinely don’t know how anyone can hate on this man. And for all the piss taking he’s already got and gonna get in the coming days, weeks, months etc. He won the game. Regardless of the result last night. His dream was to box and he not only got to do that, he got to do it against 2 of the top Heavyweights of this generation, on the biggest stages possible, and made way more money than his whole MMA career combined. From everything he’s said before and after the fight, he understands the game and that losses come with the territory sometimes. He’s not a McGregor type who’s gonna self destruct over something like this. Other than the actual results in the record books, Ngannou has got everything he could’ve dreamed of out of his 2 fights in Boxing. 

Also, UFC fans giving him shit then licking Jon Jones’ arse are hilarious. Like Jones wouldn’t get absolutely smoked by AJ or schooled by Fury. The difference between Ngannou and Jones is, Ngannou had the balls to actually stand by his principles, walk away from the UFC and gamble on himself to chase greatness and his dream in another sport, in his late 30s! It’s been mostly forgotten now but when Jones went through his shit behind the scenes with the UFC and Dana, Ngannou publicly backed him. When the roles were reversed and Ngannou told them to fuck off and actually meant it and acted on it, Jones called Ngannou a pussy and went back to the UFC with his tail between his legs. The man went into Boxing at 36/37 and debuted against Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua in his first 2 fights, within 5 months! And there’s idiots shitting on that?

IMG_7337.thumb.jpeg.33df6c9b2715ef899c94a1808f90a714.jpeg

I think I said it after the Fury fight but MMA really doesn’t deserve Francis Ngannou. I know he’s insisting he’s gonna fight in MMA again and I wouldn’t even be surprised if he takes that Ferreira fight in PFL next. But as much as I’d be up for watching that, part of me doesn’t wanna even see him go back now. Fuck ‘em. Plus imagine he loses in PFL? The smugness from Dana and UFC boot lickers would be insufferable. I’d love to see him just retire and enjoy his life and money away from all this toxic shite. Go and find a wife and create some little Francis’s and Francesca’s or whatever. Too good for this shit. 

Edited by wandshogun09

8 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

that it was my first full boxing card I've watched

That does explain your reaction to the KO to be fair. 

Did Warren say anything after the Big Bang Zhang decision? Because he was crying when Vargas didn’t lose after getting floored twice. 

• Paid Members

Ol' Frank was fuming at that. I did find it shady that he'd clearly seen the scorecards before they were read, im not sure if that's common practice.

I cant really comment on the fight, I was putting my daughter to bed and missed the rounds where Vargas was on top, I literally saw Ball raging forward for the second half of the fight and scoring the knockdowns.

Crazy night of results though. Upsets, 1st round KO's and some real standout performances. The only downside was the pacing, the gaps in between the fights were way too long.

• Paid Members

Yeah the pacing was rotten as always. AJ vs Ngannou were meant to be in there by 11ish weren’t they? Which is already late for a main event to start. Don’t think they were in the ring before 12:30 in the end. Too much waffle between fights. Any show starting at 3pm and not ending until after midnight is too much.

Card was good though. I enjoyed most of the undercard but was a bit underwhelmed by Parker vs Zhang. Hilarious to me how Zhang was acting shocked when Parker was announced the winner. Aside from the knockdown I thought he looked pretty bad last night.

Ball vs Vargas was fun as expected. Enjoyed Huni vs Lerena as well, Lerena’s tough as old boots and I was really rooting for him after they said his mum had just died this week as well. He fought his arse off in defeat. Louis Green first round stoppage of Jack McGann was brutal as well. Just smashed him.

IMB_Y3rz4q.gif

• Paid Members

Can only assume Zhang had some sense of delusion of being in front because he'd scored the 2 knockdowns. Gotta put that on the corner for not talking some sense into him. The fact he landed zero punches in the last round of a close fight is mind boggling. Really poor performance.

12 hours ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

So who u got now,  Usyk or Fury?

Me? My opinion hasn't changed. If Fury comes in focused and in shape, he can probably beat any heavyweight in the game right now and most heavyweights of the past twenty or thirty years. I only really place Lennox Lewis above him. 

When you strip away all the daft comments and rantings, he's a rare fighter in that he has size, speed, incredible footwork, the recovery powers of Hogan in the late 80's, and a rainman-esque approach to boxing mentality. 

The problem is, a lot of what gives him that rainman-like boxing acumen is what also affects him negatively in other ways. He's clearly someone with some mental issues. He has the attention span of a gnat, and if something doesn't draw his focus 100%, he tends to not focus on it at all.  

He fights to the level of his opponent. That's his downfall. It was blatantly obvious that he came into that Ngannou fight treating it the way Apollo Creed treated the "exhibition fight" against Drago in Rocky IV.

From what I've seen of him in the lead up to the Usyk fight he seems in incredible physical shape, and he seems focused and calmer in interviews. That spells trouble for Usyk. He has that look about him that he had when he went in and absolutely smashed through Wilder, and completely ended the mans career as a competitive top level heavyweight.

I know everyone thinks he's "running scared" because the fight took an age to put together (that was down to Usyk's ability to fight in Saudi promotion-wise, apparently) and his cut in the training for the scheduled fight, but I honestly see him stopping Usyk within 6-8 rounds. 

Usyk is a very good boxer, and his ability can make up for his lack of size, but he's going up against someone who not only has a 6-inch height advantage and a 7-inch reach advantage but someone who is just as good at the fundamentals at the professional level as he is. The main difference is that Fury is a big man who knows how to use his size to his advantage. He did it with Wilder. 

I can see Fury doing a lot of leaning, a lot of tiring work making Usyk move, and then eventually putting him away through a mixture of exhaustion and damage between the 6th to the 8th round. 

The only real wildcard for someone like Fury is his lifestyle and weight issues. Doing what he's done to his body over the years eventually catches up with you, and there's every chance it could do that over the next few years, which is why I think he'll call it a day relatively soon. 

But outside of Fury not being focused, I don't see any way Usyk can really win. I don't think he has the power to do what no one else has been able to and stop Fury. And I don't see him getting through the entire fight without Fury's pressure and power eventually catching up with him.

What is it they say? A good big man beats a good smaller man most of the time? Well, a very fucking good big man likely beats a very good smaller man this time. 

• Paid Members
On 3/1/2024 at 8:22 PM, David said:

He's notorious for fighting to the level of his opponents

IMB_BmtrAT.gif.298fd25c3ee8a042ef6830e4230ab61c.gif

On 3/1/2024 at 8:37 PM, David said:

He fights to the level of his opponent, which is frustrating.

IMG_5353.gif.90b2d6e4f874dd246451a961668e8b62.gif

On 3/1/2024 at 8:37 PM, David said:

His fights with Pianeta (I know he claimed afterwards that he didn't want the finish, but still) and Wallin are examples of him fighting to the level of his opponent

IMG_5365.gif.3c023a09dd0457cf85c1ec30b1ead9dd.gif

16 hours ago, David said:

He got quite lucky against Fury, who is notorious for fighting to the level of his opponent.

IMG_5355.gif.e62823a33df01179339d5f0ce60f16eb.gif

1 hour ago, David said:

He fights to the level of his opponent. That's his downfall.

IMB_Flv5j0.gif.754c8f691915f6180a95c11cdf8c1ade.gif

1 hour ago, David said:

What is it they say? 

Is it…maybe…that Tyson Fury fights to the level of his opponents?