Knockout Chaos: Joshua vs Ngannou - Mar 8 ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐ŸฅŠ

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's funny how having the right promotional team and backing can change public perception of a fight, isn't it? When Fury was facing Ngannou it was widely derided and treated as a total joke. Fury himself got panned for taking the fight.ย 

Now Joshua is fighting him and it's seen as a legit bout worth seeing and looked at completely differently.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yeh, but isn't a puncher's chance generally regarded as a bit of a forlorn hope? Especially with someone like Fury.

Either way, the point is that it must be easier to market a guy who's provided a visual of having knocked down the undefeated HW world champ.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, David said:

Ngannou always had a punchers chance really, that was known before the Fury fight.ย 

It ain't like he simply clipped Fury with one good shot though is it? Many thought he won that fight over the course of 10 competitive rounds.

Before Fury and Ngannou Tyson himself, the whole boxing world more or less aswell gave Ngannou absolutely no chance whatsoever. I think it's abundantly obvious Tyson didn't take the camp at all seriously and underestimated Ngannou.ย 

Tyson is a big man, who employs the maul up close style quite a bit, he's done it and taken the energy of many opponents with it, and it has been very effective for him, Ngannous raw strength was something tyson couldn't deal with, whether tyson undertrained, or didn't take it seriously or not, whatever way you slice it, I couldn't believe what i was watching on the night. I would have literally laughed in somebodies face if they told me that was going to be how it would all go down.ย 

This fight is intriguing because joshua has all the tools for an easy blowout, but also other question marks about him, like how he will respond if ngannou tries to physically bully him, and that he gets tagged with left hooks a fair bit which ngannou is very fond of. Will joshua catch a glancing blow from ngannou and get a glimpse into his power and go into Ruiz 2 mode? Will he be be too wary to let his hands go for fear of the left hook? Will he hold back too much and look for an opportunity that doesn't open up?ย 

Ngannou is such a driven and determined individual, in life aswell as in fighting its hard to not say he poses a threat to anthony joshua, his mindset is also pretty dangerous, he said at the grand entrances yesterday 'I am a man, he is also one, and we gonna check it out' when asked about how he feels about facing him, joshua I find in the ring at times can give his opponent too much respect, and it holds him back, something I feel ngannou doesn't struggle with mentally, I think he fully believes in himself, which that sort of answer may be an indication of.ย 

What if joshua is expecting to be rushed by ngannou, but ngannou holds back and plays it cagey, long story short I think it's Joshua's own mindset that makes this interesting, he's his own worst enemy at times.

I'm picking AJ ko but this is definitely an interesting little watch on a Friday night, and regardless of prior circumstances, nobody could have said ngannou would do that to fury, that alone makes it worth while.

It's all opinion and open to discussion, how one man sees something isn't how another man will see it, same as judges and referees and even the fighters themselves.ย 

On the night emotions can run high, or as fans watching at home the buzz of the night can skew how we see things. I watched it on the night and personally thought ngannou won. I have since watched the fight back and still think ngannou won.

I rate fury highly, I think he's phenomenal, and when he's on his A game there isn't a heavy on the planet who can do a thing with him, but he had an off night, he was ill prepared, it happens. Ngannou won that fight, he didn't get the decision. That's happened numerous times across boxing and combat sports in general.ย 

But we all have different views, and we like different things from fighters, but that night was a case of boxing saving a bit of face imo, boxing has a tendency to do whatever it wants.

ย