It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, AndyUK said:

People keep saying night 1 for the tag match but there’s no chance they make it the full on main event in some sort of Winner Takes All deal is there…

……….

On 2/9/2024 at 6:34 AM, air_raid said:

Poor poster guy better get paid double if it does.

IMG_3249.jpeg

This video, I really enjoyed. Using Punk's words and bars of the "Hollywood Rock" theme make the first minute fantastic ;

.... although, only really the first minute. I've listened to enough Imagine Dragons in my lifetime already.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

A huge tag match headlining a pay per view feels super novel though. When was the last time they did that?

... was the question.

1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said:

Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch vs Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans

..... I believe is the answer. As long as we ignore the word "huge" and concentrate on that it was a tag, and that it was the main event.

12 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

We’ve only got her Rumble appearance so far, but she looked no better, and Bayley was audibly helping her get into position or ready for spots. Considering Trips threw her AEW training under the bus, it doesn’t look like her 5 months at the PE has helped that much. 

I don't know if we were watching the same match, but I thought she looked great in that match. It's obviously not the kind of setting in which you can judge how she'd wrestle a singles match, but I thought she was really impressive. She always has been, to be fair, given her level of inexperience. But during the Rumble, I don't think your average fan would have had any idea that she's been wrestling for as little time as she has. 

I don't think Triple H threw her AEW training under the bus - he provided a fair assessment of where she was at; if anything, his comments are a compliment to how she was booked in AEW; she rarely looked out-of-place, given her level of experience. 

1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

I don't know if we were watching the same match, but I thought she looked great in that match. It's obviously not the kind of setting in which you can judge how she'd wrestle a singles match, but I thought she was really impressive. She always has been, to be fair, given her level of inexperience. But during the Rumble, I don't think your average fan would have had any idea that she's been wrestling for as little time as she has. 

I don't think Triple H threw her AEW training under the bus - he provided a fair assessment of where she was at; if anything, his comments are a compliment to how she was booked in AEW; she rarely looked out-of-place, given her level of experience. 

Plus let's be honest, she was never going to look that bad when Maxxine Dupri was also in there.

11 minutes ago, air_raid said:

..... I believe is the answer. As long as we ignore the word "huge" and concentrate on that it was a tag, and that it was the main event.

There's been a few more since: 

Lynch & Flair Vs. Kabuki Warriors (TLC 2019)

Usos Vs. Zayn & Owens (WM 39)

Owens & Zayn Vs. Reigns & Sikoa (Night of Champions 23)

Usos Vs. Reigns & Sikoa (MITB 23)

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Are we forgetting the debut match in a tag team match, on PPV/PLE, of the Almgihty (not Lashley):

Probably should. The main event was John Cena vs Triple H vs Edge.

Unless we're just naming tag matches that happened on PPV. If we count the "God" match as a tag, which I'm guessing was the joke.

2 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

There's been a few more since: 

Usos Vs. Reigns & Sikoa (MITB 23)

Arrows. That's the real quiz answer. Imagine Reigns having so few matches and forgetting two of his most recent ones?? Go Cody.

Although, I do take issue with any "night 1 of Mania" mains being called main events. It was the match before intermission. What was the main event of Mania 39? It was Reigns vs Cody. The event has two days but in my head, there's only one main event of "WrestleMania" and it's the last match.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

My point was she looked no better, or worse than when she left AEW. They didn’t put her straight on TV, and she reported straight to the PC. They wouldn’t have done that if they thought she was ready. The art is a great place to debut, but she’s not been seen properly since. Why?

15 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Although, I do take issue with any "night 1 of Mania" mains being called main events. It was the match before intermission. What was the main event of Mania 39? It was Reigns vs Cody. The event has two days but in my head, there's only one main event of "WrestleMania" and it's the last match.

No? Main event of night 1 is the main event that night, and main event of night 2 is the main event that night.

#makingupthepaperroundsforthepaperboys

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

My point was she looked no better, or worse than when she left AEW. They didn’t put her straight on TV, and she reported straight to the PC. They wouldn’t have done that if they thought she was ready. The art is a great place to debut, but she’s not been seen properly since. Why?

What would you have expected to see? Perhaps the areas in which they felt she needed to improve were a bit less visible - psychology, for example; as opposed to being able to make the moves she can do look convincing. Her AEW matches were rarely that long. I thought she looked great in the Rumble, and I'm excited to see what she does next. 

As far as her not appearing anywhere since the Rumble, I imagine they've been concerned with the pressing issue of Rock/Reigns/Cody - which has possibly taken up more television time than they anticipated. If they think she's ready, she'll be back soon. If she doesn't appear until later in the year, it's hardly a disaster. She could come out post-Mania and proclaim she's signed a contract with either Raw or Smackdown, and it would be an impactful return. There's no rush to do something with her. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

What would you have expected to see? Perhaps the areas in which they felt she needed to improve were a bit less visible - psychology, for example; as opposed to being able to make the moves she can do look convincing. Her AEW matches were rarely that long. I thought she looked great in the Rumble, and I'm excited to see what she does next. 

As far as her not appearing anywhere since the Rumble, I imagine they've been concerned with the pressing issue of Rock/Reigns/Cody - which has possibly taken up more television time than they anticipated. If they think she's ready, she'll be back soon. If she doesn't appear until later in the year, it's hardly a disaster. She could come out post-Mania and proclaim she's signed a contract with either Raw or Smackdown, and it would be an impactful return. There's no rush to do something with her. 

I think I’d hoped she’d have been in the running for a big time mania match. As someone who enjoyed her in AEW I was hoping she was going to be more Cody than Alexis King/Brian Pullman Jr. I appreciate that people felt she was green in AEW and she was booked to cover her weaknesses, but when you have someone pushed as much as Nia Jax on the roster you’d think they could easily give Jade a decent push and be able to protect her.