WWE 2K24 - yes it'll play the same, but you can finish Cody's story!

thatvinylgeek

I'm waiting for a second hand copy but it's sitting at a solid 82% on Metacritic so far, it still looks to be on the bones of a PS2 engine but it looks like they've added enough glitter to cover it and make it fun.

Interesting that they highlighted GM mode as a mode thats been left to fester when that's actually had quite a few updates. I'm guessing they meant universe mode. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Vamp said:

Interesting that they highlighted GM mode as a mode thats been left to fester when that's actually had quite a few updates. I'm guessing they meant universe mode. 

I think they do mean myGM - I watched NewLegacyInc's video on it, and they have changed it up and added some new features like talent trades and revamping the free agent system, that apparently people have been asking for. I never got my head around it or played it for more than a few minutes in earlier games, so it doesn't mean much to me. 

I check out a few minutes of it every year, and despite the professed improvements it just still isn't for me. Even when it gets it right, it seems to be 'getting it right' in this mad overproduced continuum of self reverence that gives me a headache. 

So - really - it's absolutely fucking nailing it as a WWE sim considering the above could have been written about watching Raw every week.   

• Paid Members

I’m going to pick this up I think. Does anyone know - can you download other users created wrestlers? I remember you could ten years ago so I would just download the old ECW guys that others have created. Just wondering if that’s still a thing in these 2K games 

1 minute ago, waters44 said:

I’m going to pick this up I think. Does anyone know - can you download other users created wrestlers? I remember you could ten years ago so I would just download the old ECW guys that others have created. Just wondering if that’s still a thing in these 2K games 

Yeah, the creation scene in the 2K games is insane, people are able to make creations that look better the in game models in some instances (just have a look on youtube for some of the last years AEW and TNA creations).

Also you can create your own brands in Universe mode, so can pretty much setup your own promotions as well with dedicated rosters

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, waters44 said:

If you’re a sad cunt like me, you can download a hundred CAWs and create different promotions for universe mode. Some of them are really good from the ring gear, facially and move sets. Some talented and patient people out there.

I downloaded a bunch of AEW and NJPW wrestlers. As well as some old school hard cases like Stan Hansen, Bruiser Brody, Terry Gordy and Steve Williams. All spot on as well. 

• Awards Moderator

I'm feeling tempted to buy this game. I know it's no All Stars, but how is it to actually play? Closer to the PS2 games (i.e. good) or just the same as the previous however-many 2K games? The last one of those I had was the one with the Stone Cold career mode and I didn't really get on with it that well.

A wrestling tradition we can all love, I’m sure. 

EDIT - If you don’t know, whenever a new WWE game comes out, this guy beats up Hogan with black guys. 

Edited by Keith Houchen
The next stop is the East Side Motel

Am I the only one that uses the create a wrestler slots for bad facsimiles of legends and random gimmicky losers? You know, the way it's meant to be used?

I already have a Lord Humungus. I normally create a fairly small woman who's a bit too much of a Kane fan, complete with a red and black dress and a Kane mask. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I normally create a fairly small woman who's a bit too much of a Kane fan