Chili Posted August 9, 2024 Posted August 9, 2024 (edited) Just thought I'd chime in whilst there was a show on Wednesday that Danielson/Jarrett was great fun. An Memphis bells and whistles brawl with a great finish. Loved it, 57 year old Jeff Jarrett earning his All In post show Nandos recently, one of those nine lives wrestlers is Double J, always another out of nowhere run in people like him, Christian and Dustin. Edited August 9, 2024 by Chili Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted August 10, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 10, 2024 (edited) Dynamite 07/08/24 Opening match was the best singles performance I've seen from Kyle Fletcher. His problem for me is that he is very much a wannabe Ospreay and he doesn't have the experience as a singles guy to rein in his impulse to do too much. He's had these "epic" matches with Lee Johnson in ROH with a billion near falls that got great star ratings and Cagematch scores but they made my eyes glaze over because they felt like two guys trying to have a five star match. This one, though, had good heat and a nice clear story behind it. Fletcher was all fired up and pissed off, and all of his melodramatic screaming and shouting he does felt warranted because MJF is a total prick who is messing with his best friend. He had the people behind him, the near falls at the end felt well earned and it didn't veer too far into big move excess for the sake of it. Good stuff. Post match beatdown was fine, but "I GOT LOCKED IN A ROOM MATE" from Ospreay was unintentional comedy. "Yeah bruv, me and the camera geezer locked in a room, it was peak." Liked Mariah jumping Viva Van at the start and intimidating Aubrey with her grinning psycho energy later in the match. Watching her do the Toni mannerisms and spots to a chorus of boos and "we want Toni" chants only highlighted how good this could have been if we weren't GETTING Toni on every episode of TV at the moment. It was such an open goal, and instead we're getting back to back pull apart brawls. It's a good thing the heel turn was one of the angles of the year as the build since then has been such a fumble. At least the Darby and Perry build is going with the less is more approach. Bryan Keith/Shibata was... fine... Bit sad to not be fussed about a Shibata match but struggle to be interested in Bryan Keith or anything Learning Tree related. Short but bloody brilliant promo from Hangman. I love that he completely no-sold Renee's question about the Darby match/his win-loss record and instead went on another fanatical rant about Swerve. He is on another level right now,, phenomenal stuff. Tremendous work from Swerve in the sit down interview. His character is so incredibly consistent. Circumstances and fan perception have changed but he has barely changed at all. The stuff about not caring about Danielson returning to his family/spending more time with his wife was spot on. He has never claimed to give a shit about anything but being the Champion and being the top guy. When he says he respects an opponent you believe him because he doesn't pander or bullshit, and when he says he intends to retire that same opponent and claim their legacy, you believe that too. RUSH/Mortos/Roddy vs FTR/OC was an absolute belter. Man I hope Mortos comes over to the UK. I wasn't holding out any hope for it when he first signed, but he's been featured so much lately and been so excellent every time I think he's more than earned it. At least stick him in the Casino Gauntlet at All In! Mortos/OC singles match also needs to happen ASAP. Anyway, yeah, fantastic match, everyone on fire for it, RUSH in particular showcased as a near unstoppable force of nature despite the loss. I love Christian to death, but Patriarchy vs HOB or BBG isn't the trios title match banger I was hoping for at All in to be honest. I wonder if there'll be some shenanigans and it'll turn into a multi-multi-man clusterfuck match with all three teams? Hologram video package was cool, would love to see more of that stuff. Kamille's offense looks suitably devastating, good squash. Mercedes promo wasn't good. Britt's was better. That is all. Jarrett/Danielson starting with the guitar shot was inspired. What a brilliant move. Outstanding match. Sensei Jeff making sure our man is ready for All In the only way he knows how. In one week three of my favourite matches have been Konosuke Takeshita vs El Phantasmo in Korakuen Hall, LA Knight vs Logan Paul and Jeff Jarrett vs Bryan Danielson. Madness. Top promo from Swerve to close out as well, some of his most consistent promo work to date throughout this episode. Pretty good episode. The Mariah/Toni and Mone/Britt segments weren't the best but I think both of those matches will be hot enough anyway, Shibata/Keith/Learning Tree business was not great. However, the opener was good, the six man tag was a banger and the main event was brilliant. Everything involving Danielson and Swerve was spot on for me. That main event at All In is going to be something special. Also very excited for the All In Casino Gauntlet! Edited August 10, 2024 by JLM Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted August 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2024 Had to wait all week for that Danielson vs. Double J match. Did not disappoint. Needed a cigarette after that. Amazing. Jarrett's the fucking man. Best punches in the game. This AEW run has been stellar. I hope he gets a big, happy, farewell run. Book a big arena in Memphis. Ain't he great. Hangman vs. Double J at Wembley? Texas Death, for the Texas Chainsaw Deathmatch Title? Let's do it! They've done a phenomenal job building up Swerve vs. Danielson. Not only does it feel huge, but just enough stuff has started coming out about Bryan's health that I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's losing and calling it a career. Not many bigger stages, is there? It absolute reeks of Bryan to go out on his back, putting over the World Champ, too. Stop being so fucking nice, Bryan! You're in the wrong business! The only man who'd get booked to win the World Title clean and respond, "that doesn't work for me, brother." Ultimately, I still suspect he'll win, and this recent news about him being banged up and in need of surgery is exaggerated for the purpose of the work, but that's the sweet spot, isn't it? I don't know for sure. Work me. My heart's gonna be in my throat for some of those near falls. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2024 Apparently Daniel Garcia’s future is up-in-the air (link to wrestlinginc), with WWE showing interest in signing him. As I’ve said before, I strongly suspect a lot of these ‘person x could be going to WWE!’ and ‘person Y could be going to AEW!’ stories are purposely released by agents to bump up the value of their client, but I feel like this is particularly likely here. I absolutely could see Garcia signing for WWE, but he’s someone who I just couldn’t imagine in that environment in spite of that. He feels like a bad fit. Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted August 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2024 2 hours ago, RedTwoster said: He feels like a bad fit. Would surely be a nailed-on NXT signing rather than a main roster get. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted August 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2024 WWE passed on him, like they did Jade Cargill before, though talent wise he's the man, he doesn't have the charisma of a Jade. Perfect NXT fodder, would get called up to the main roster and released in the next round of talent cuts after. I see Ricky Starks as a shoo in to go, and do nowt but could see Danny sticking AEW, at least for now. Quote
Infinity Land Posted August 12, 2024 Posted August 12, 2024 He's smart to see what's out there. I don't see him leaving just now. He'd end up in NXT at at time they're doing this TNA trade-off and likely some others arriving soon for the CW network launch. He should get the payday and a lot of people have shown they want to work with him in AEW. MJF/Ospreays plays out the MJF feud will be there. Seems a shoo-in for the Contintental Classic to show his growth. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted August 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2024 I don’t think he’ll go, but there’s definitely a place for Garcia in WWE. Hunter’s probably already had meetings with Chad Gable and the Creeds about putting him with American Made if he signs. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2024 7 minutes ago, Supremo said: I don’t think he’ll go, but there’s definitely a place for Garcia in WWE. Hunter’s probably already had meetings with Chad Gable and the Creeds about putting him with American Made if he signs. That’s actually a really good idea, I’d not considered that as a possibility but I think that could work really well. Quote
Infinity Land Posted August 12, 2024 Posted August 12, 2024 Spends all this time trying to breakaway from faction warfare. Let's stick him in another group. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted August 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2024 I'm not that arsed about Lucha Bros or Ricky Starks potentially going to WWE - it feels like Lucha Bros have done everything they can there if Khan doesn't want to split them up, and as talented as Ricky Starks is he's been a huge victim of stop-start booking and also has one of the baddest cases of job face I've ever seen in a wrestler. But if my boy Daniel Garcia leaves I'll be devastated. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted August 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2024 Starks job face is up there with Mercedes Mone/Sasha Banks job face. Her and Bailey that time they had to drop the Tag Belts. The pair of them looked like they were licking piss of a 9 volt battery. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted August 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 13, 2024 Garcia could be a top guy for AEW and must stay. I'd be heartbroken if his talent went to waste in WWE. I doubt WWE has much interest in some of these guys other than knowing it hurts AEW to sign them away. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted August 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted August 13, 2024 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: I'd be heartbroken if his talent went to waste in WWE. It's currently going to waste in AEW. A new environment for a couple of years might give him some new impetus when he comes back to AEW. He's only young there us plenty of time for him and if he becomes an ex WWE guy Tony might think more of him. Quote
Infinity Land Posted August 13, 2024 Posted August 13, 2024 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Garcia could be a top guy for AEW and must stay. I'd be heartbroken if his talent went to waste in WWE. I doubt WWE has much interest in some of these guys other than knowing it hurts AEW to sign them away. Main roster fantasy booking that happens, maybe not. As talent boosts to NXT and see where it goes, absolutely. Remember there was interest in RUSH and it largely came down to money. WWE weren't willing to push the boat out. Its one thing betting on potential growth in WWE, its another turning down the cash. All the mentions of Buddy Matthews wanting out. Then he signs an extension. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.