AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

It’s funny because of the way they both looked shocked. Like the News of the World has busted in and caught them in the act or something. Tony’s face in particular. Might as well have been shagging.

Lights Out Match with Derby should be a good laugh until he tears both quads.

It's always been a leaky business, but that photo's total amateur hour stuff. I can't recall a major promotion visually caught in the act like that mid meeting with a potential surprise before. It's the kind of thing people working at a top level would see and think "Yeah, deal's off." 

Though knowing Khan's proclivity for using social media and how daft they both look in it, I wouldn't completely rule out that they got it out there themselves. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

It's always been a leaky business, but that photo's total amateur hour stuff. I can't recall a major promotion visually caught in the act like that mid meeting with a potential surprise before. It's the kind of thing people working at a top level would see and think "Yeah, deal's off." 

Though knowing Khan's proclivity for using social media and how daft they both look in it, I wouldn't completely rule out that they got it out there themselves. 

Absolutely no way. Firstly he denied ever talking to him a few months ago. Then there are so few surprises in wrestling you don’t leak a photo like that. No whenever he does show up a lot of the impact* is gone

*unintentional TNA pun

• Paid Members

Doesn’t Shane still hold stock in WWE? Should raise some questions in the next Shareholder meeting.

At least it makes sense now why they didn’t add stakes to Blood and Guts, making it for 100% control of the company and ending the angle with The Elite powerless. There’s a much bigger match for that now. The Elite vs. Shane and the Mean Street Posse!

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Oh don’t even tease that. I have never in my life felt a shred of inclination to take a sign to a wrestling event. I am too worried about being “that guy” to people behind me, I can’t be arsed holding something above my head when I’m trying to enjoy the show, only a small percentage of them are any good, I’ve never had a desire to get myself on TV… so many reasons. 

However, if MSP were booked for an AEW UK show I would break all of my rules and bring an homage to my favourite sign of all time “PETE GAS, KICK ASS”. 

Edited by JLM

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Absolutely no way. Firstly he denied ever talking to him a few months ago. Then there are so few surprises in wrestling you don’t leak a photo like that. No whenever he does show up a lot of the impact* is gone

*unintentional TNA pun

Denying talking to somebody would play right in to doing a work. 

I agree completely with the second point, though my argument's pretty much rooted entirely in Khan being a fan at the wheel, privy to the teeny tiny thrills of wrestling gossip and prone to horrendous use of social media. 

But yeah, hopefully just a bizarre security lapse that probably got someone fired. 

Could maybe go in the shit but you love them thread, or even a sole Shane McMahon thread entirely, but I bloody love Shane. Him appearing in AEW would be mental. Like with everything that has happened the last few years we've kinda been desensitised to it all and even major shocks don't hit as much because it's mental, but thinking when AEW first started, this happening would be unreal.

He's apart of some of my favourite ever WWF/E moments as a kid when I look back. That moment at Survivor Series 1998 when he turned on Austin, even just before that when he cut that promo on Vince, feeling like so many kids have felt with a really successful dad they can't live up to. His return at No Way Out was genuinely shocking, yeah ot ended up being a bit shit with Big Show, but at the time it was great, and he was brilliant as "Shane's a pussy" in the summer of 2000. 

It also gets forgotten because the wCw bit was shit, but his return in 2001 to confront Vince to set up the WM17 match was incredible and the match was peak WWF sports entertainment.

It goes downhill a little from there with each return being diminishing, but that 2016? return is goosebumps.enducing, it led to the weird hell in a cell with Taker, but the shock return, and it was a genuine shock at the time, was incredible and the emotion he showed still hits me now.

This has turned into a weird Shane McMahon appreciation post that probably won't hit here, and not completely linked to AEW but still.

Not sure what he will offer AEW on camera mind, once the initial shock of his being there subsides, but I'll be buzzing to see him.

Shane to join the Elite as 50/50 owner of AEW with Tony Khan then? 

Wonder what role Shane will actually have if he does join.

The nutter will absolutely do some sort of ridiculous match.

Probably challenge Ospreay to a match and fuck a shooting star press.

Some sort of take over angle with The Elite.

Be thrown through ‘real’ glass by Jack Perry at some point. 

• Paid Members

Shane showing up in AEW would get me interested in the product again no doubt about it. It's what that company needs, for me. I couldn't care less anymore about Forbidden Doors or 7 Star matches, give me just bonkers shit. Give me a Shane o Mac world title run.

46 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Test vs. Shane at Summerslam remains an absolute classic. Peak Attitude Era.

Hell yeah. The Stooges and Mean Street Posse kicking off is definitely peak fun Attitude Era. That's the stuff from the era that's really stood the test of time for me. Fuck Austin jacking cars and Undertaker speaking pig Latin. It's those rare moments of genuine levity that were both complete nonsense and yet made perfect sense within the world, against a backdrop of largely embarrassing, smutty, garbage content. 

Foley was always great at communicating that in his first two books. Just that downright goofy side of wrestling's most violent, 'dark' era. 

Edited by The Gaffer

• Paid Members

I mean, I hate to be a contrarian, but I think Shane in AEW, particularly as an active wrestler, would not be good actually.

5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Looks like neither were expecting that photo.. I hope that wasn't an AEW employee.

Meant to have happened on Monday at a private airport. While its entirely possible some employee took advantage of the situation and took a quick pic or used a device that wasn't obvious when they had an excuse to be in the room.

I'd say there's 3 cups on the table and the person taking the pic looks to be in the space of the 3rd person if they'd backed away from the table. It was a joint exclusive that was hyped the night before. Came out the day of Dynamite. Also, Summerslam weekend so should be a question about Shane at the press conference.