AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

Yeah, the only thing Ricochet brings to the table is the list of crazy, spot-fest dream matches he could have with the likes of Pac, Ospreay, Fenix, Dante Martin and the like. Great for a TV opener, but I don’t think he’s ever going to trouble the main event scene.

There is a chasm of difference between what Ospreay became compared to how Ricochet mostly stayed the same.

Knowing Tony Khan though? I bet he’s offering stupid money. He’s probably already simmed all the matches on Promotion Wars and noted down the star rating.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, BomberPat said:

yeah, Amazing Red is the kind of guy I'm amazed hasn't shown up just for a one-off to show him some love.

I'll be amazed if Ricochet ends up anywhere but AEW, but unless he's been hiding something - he's given me no reason to believe he is - I think he'll find a similar level to where he topped out in WWE

I think Ricochets main upside these days is the pace he can work at, as much as anything. AEW has a few guys that can do that consistently, but not tonnes (fenix, osprey, takeshita, some others I'm missing)

He's unlikely to be champion, I think that's right, but I think he could be consistently higher than most of his WWE tenure.

8 hours ago, Chili said:

Nice vignette to explain Mina Shirakawa here for all those 'ugh, we need a vignette to understand foreigners' crowds online.

It's lovely stuff.

I'll be amazed if AEW doesn't sign Mina as soon as her Stardom deal runs out.

Now Toni Storm needs to respond with her own video package with May listing off all of her accomplishments.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Look, lads. I get it. Bryan Danielson is the greatest wrestler of all time. Will Ospreay is the best wrestler in the world today. It’d be cool if they were World Champion. It makes sense. But fuck all that. Not now. Not any time soon. Pack it in.

I keep seeing all these fantasy booking scenarios that involve Swerve Strickland losing the belt in the near future and everyone needs to shut their traps. I mean, just fucking look at him!

IMG_8393.thumb.jpeg.3c82e24caed00b6edc3cdae9e29a95e9.jpeg

Just casually releasing what has the potential to be the greatest album cover of all time. No-one who does fake fighting in tights should look this cool. Absolutely no right to be going this hard. He is him. Imagine Will or Bryan trying to pose with the belt like this. Pair of dorks.

The more I think about it, the more happy I’d be with them sacrificing both Ospreay and Bryan to further build up Swerve. Clean pins all round. Bryan’s had his time. Will’s time will come. This is Swerve’s time and they need to ride it long and hard.

Everything he’s done as champion has been brilliant and it feels like we’re only scratching the surface. He’s completely nailed the anti-hero, tippy-top babyface character. In the mix everywhere, rivalling only Ronnie Pickering for how he’s always up for a scrap. Calling out a returning MJF in one promo, then already baggsying to be the fifth man in Blood and Guts against The Elite a segment later. A man who’ll stab you in the parking lot and then dance with your nan at ringside. They’re missing an open goal if they pull the plug any time soon. Before the Exploding Barb Wire Deathmatch with Hangman? Before we get Chaka Khan singing him to the ring at Welmbley with a live version of, “Ain't Nobody”? Nah. They’ve got a Golden Goose here. More fool them if they don’t milk it for all it’s worth.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Imagine Will or Bryan trying to pose with the belt like this.

I'd imagine that been called dorks would be the least of their worries if they posed in front of a sign that included the words "Hoe Ass Niggas" 

• Paid Members

Thing is...Swerve isn't their best wrestler. He isn't their best talker. He isn't their best anything. But he is something 99.99% of wrestlers never are - genuinely hot and cool. For that reason alone he should be Champion for the next year.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Thing is...Swerve isn't their best wrestler. He isn't their best talker. He isn't their best anything. But he is something 99.99% of wrestlers never are - genuinely hot and cool. For that reason alone he should be Champion for the next year.

This is true and it's no knock on him either, just his overall character package makes his matches feel even better. I've rewatched that mid air kick he gives Christian back because seeing it live as it happened got a real old school jump out the chair 'YES' moment.

Hanger coming back full mustache and beard like he's been living in the woods again, completely demented at seeing Swerve being a massive success and being adored. Yes and please!

Edited by Chili
My dad was a toolmaker

• Paid Members

Swerve is cool and he really acts as if being World Champion is the most important thing in the world to him, when too much of the rest of the roster are always at a slight ironic remove and can't make you believe that they actually care whether they win or not. 

• Paid Members

Dynamite is real tale of contrasts. Swerve looks like a million dollars. So cool and almost effortless in everything he does, but with an intensity that makes him believable beyond doubt. Jericho looks like a million Iranian rials. Phony, disingenuous and everything about him cries desperate for attention. I even feel sorry for Big Bill. 

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Dynamite is real tale of contrasts. Swerve looks like a million dollars. So cool and almost effortless in everything he does, but with an intensity that makes him believable beyond doubt. Jericho looks like a million Iranian rials. Phony, disingenuous and everything about him cries desperate for attention. I even feel sorry for Big Bill. 

You're prime time flagship show and you've got 8 minutes of Chris Jericho rambling about compost, corn and climbing the top rope. Unbelievable, really. It's genuinely embarrassing for everyone involved.

So the pay off for this angle is Jericho & Big Bill vs Private Party, I guess. Who the fuck wants to see that?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

It's genuinely embarrassing for everyone involved.

Everyone other than Jericho. He seems to be having a whale of a time amusing himself. JABB vs PP should be a match that struggles to get on Rampage, but as you aay, here we are building it in the A show. TK needs to stop trying to be friends with everyone and fuck Jericho off fir a bit, and by a but I mean at least 6 months.