Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

6 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Put it another way: Spurs fans using it, for whatever reason, tells other people it's OK to use it.

Yeah that makes sense. There are two points there. The word was first used by Spurs fans to delegitamise (is that a word?) the slur being used against them and take the "sting" out of the bigotry, but by still using it, it gives legitimacy to others using it as well.

I cannot tell you how many times when I've told people I'm a Spurs fan it's been met with "Oh, a yid" which is quite mental.

According to the last survey the club carried out, the % of Spurs fans who are Jewish is around 5%, and Tottenham is no longer known as a "Jewish area" but Spurs will always be referred to as a Jewish club, same as Ajax I guess.

This all reminds me that when I was 5 and made the trip to N17 with my Dad for the first time, despite growing up in a pretty multicultural corner of Hounslow, I asked my Dad innocently why "everyone was wearing bowls on their heads" as I'd never seen a kippah before. Simpler times.

Racist genocidal egg Stephen Pollard was affronted that Spurs didn’t have a moment of silence for the Israelis killed in recent events. Instead the club issued a statement for ALL those who died. Not that there is a hierarchy of racism or owt. 

29 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Racist genocidal egg Stephen Pollard was affronted that Spurs didn’t have a moment of silence for the Israelis killed in recent events. Instead the club issued a statement for ALL those who died. Not that there is a hierarchy of racism or owt. 

In a fanbase of absolute nutters (look up the fucking "Rabbi", mental cunt) that bloke is the biggest nutter of all. 

He has #coys in his Twitter profile. Booooooooo. 

• Paid Members

I've already banged on too long, so I'll just summarise it as thus: unless it's Jews leading it, it's not a reclamation, in the same way no-one would accept a reclamation of the N-word led by white people. There are plenty of ways to show solidarity, and the best is probably not to use a racial slur.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

According to the last survey the club carried out, the % of Spurs fans who are Jewish is around 5%, and Tottenham is no longer known as a "Jewish area" but Spurs will always be referred to as a Jewish club, same as Ajax I guess.

Not that it's wildly relevant, but on this point, I'm fairly sure I read somewhere not that long ago that proportionally there's a much larger Jewish contingent in the Arsenal fanbase than Spurs in more modern times. I have no stats to back this up, or not to hand at least, but I vaguely recall reading that somewhere and thought it was interesting given the traditional association with Tottenham and the Jewish community.

It also very much matches my (admittedly anecdotal) experience of having a fair few Jewish friends and co-workers in North London who were primarily Arsenal fans when I was growing up/when I lived back there a few years ago, but again that's not necessarily indicative of that being an accurate statistic. 

• Paid Members

Once I'd finished laughing at Spurs, there was one main take from this game.

Chelsea are absolute dog shit. The worst Chelsea side I've ever seen by some distance and the worst team I've seen win by a three goal margin.

Happy Invincibles Day, folks.

Losing 4 of our best players and Chelsea can't even properly put us away until the 97th minute, they should be absolutely embarrassed by that, each and every one of them. 

Spurs fans singing Can't Smile Without You in full voice despite losing 4-1. Fucking love it. 

Great effort. Up Ange, up the Spurs. 

Just now, PunkStep said:

Still, good on Ange for being 'brave' and sticking with that high line.

That made it such an entertaining game. The sensible thing would have been, especially with the injuries on top of the sendings off, to have tightened up like Liverpool, work hard and maybe get someone away on the break (before Dier heads into his own net). Instead, Ange said "fuck that" and played the game with 8 out of 9 in the opposing half, Vicario showing himself to be one of the best sweepers in the world and they had three great chances near the end that could easily have got them the point before a couple of late goals put it to bed. What a mad game that was.

Spurs dug their own grave, excessive violence from Romero and Udogie diving in when already on a yellow for absolutely no reason. This was a Chelsea team there for the taking. Great effort, yadda yadda. They’ve absolutely shit their pants. Shite. 

6 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Still, good on Ange for being 'brave' and sticking with that high line.

What would you have liked him to have done? Chelsea are utterly inept and it worked up until one time and then the game was done so who cares whether it's 2-1 or 4-1.

I'd rather have seen that than sitting in the box and inviting shot after shot.

Tl:dr we'll still win it. Chelsea are pony.

Edit: @hallicks you cannot have been watching the same game.

Edited by SuperBacon