AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I know they were going with the "special attraction" thing previously but MJF has become considerably more interesting now that he's wrestling regularly. The guy is so good at telling stories through matches and that's always going to be more engaging to watch than a weekly promo (that usually hits the same beats). Pretty miraculous that he's managed to get over a headlock takeover, double clothesline and a low blow.

As for the Cole/MJF story I hope neither turns on the other and they try something a bit more interesting and original. A face vs face "can they fight for the title but still be friends" match would be really good and not something we've seen before, for example. Or Punk keeps calling MJF out and Cole has to coax a scared MJF to face his fears and fight his former hero/biggest rival. Or this is essentially a love story, they could just gradually break down like a relationship would. There's loads more options they can go with than just "one of them attacks the other from behind".

But whatever happens, the end result needs to be MJF as number 1 babyface. He's ready for it. The fans are ready for it. Anything else will be a mistake.

I don't think that's necessarily the route they need to, or even should take. I'd be extremely wary about putting the title on Punk if I were Tony Khan, given how many injuries he's suffered so far; and that's assuming Omega would even work with him. I'd keep going with MJF until a heel felt hot enough to merit making the title switch. And heck, I wouldn't rule out that heel being Adam Cole. I think he's proven a lot of people wrong since returning from injury; myself included. 

Aye, there are legs in Punk being a fake champion and facing a few people before the final confrontation with MJF/whoever is champ.

Heel Punk Vs face MJF at the PPV in November is a good aim. The MJF/Cole storyline can play out in the meantime and Punk can deal with Starks and whoever else for a bit.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

No way you risk putting the title on Pepsi Phil. Even ignoring his weak and fragile body/ego from a story perspective he doesn't really need it and it's the most uninteresting and predictable option.

Genuine question, how does he get a bigger rep for a fragile ego than the lads refusing to work with him and sticking him in Saturday Siberia?

Surely we’re at the point where we just have to admit everyone is as bad as each other.

13 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Genuine question, how does he get a bigger rep for a fragile ego than the lads refusing to work with him and sticking him in Saturday Siberia?

Surely we’re at the point where we just have to admit everyone is as bad as each other.

Cause they didn’t start the fight then have kept their side quiet. Maybe if they, coughs in FTR, had been feeding gossip for a year you'd maybe have a point 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Because they don't cry and throw tantrums at press conferences, stuffing cake in their face while whining "what did I do to deserve this". It's going to be hard not to get tarred with the "fragile ego" brush after having a public paddy while the other party have been pretty much silent on the subject.

Edited by LaGoosh