AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

Yep, the 2/3 falls match was excellent. I also agree with those saying Punk/Starks was clunky and I would really prefer Punk to go heel, instead of Starks, but I guess we're going to have to wait for that.

I started watching BOTB and then realised I didn't care - is it worth watching?

• Paid Members

I thought this was an electric show all the way through. Fantastic tag title match, Willow won the Owen, fun squash with the troubled gothics and a super heated, fun main event with a nice finish. 

Edit: I'm also willing to admit Ian Riccobani was really good here, and a genuine step up from Kev Kelly. 

Edited by gmoney

19 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Why shouldn’t he?

Probably best not to be seen with a guy who has been championing a double murder-suicide culprit and wants to wrestle under his name. I know it’s his Dad but none the less.

7 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Edit: I'm also willing to admit Ian Riccobani was really good here, and a genuine step up from Kev Kelly. 

He was great. I’ve said it every week since Collision started - when you have announcers like Riccaboni and Caprice Coleman on your payroll, there’s no need to hire someone as weak as Kevin Kelly.

Credit where it’s due though, I thought McGuinness was really good this week - I’d be perfectly happy to see this pairing continue on a permanent basis. 

27 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I started watching BOTB and then realised I didn't care - is it worth watching?

I would say no. I decided to watch it after having a great time watching Collision, and it utterly killed my enthusiasm. It’s a weak show, even by BOTB standards.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, FUM said:

Probably best not to be seen with a guy who has been championing a double murder-suicide culprit and wants to wrestle under his name. I know it’s his Dad but none the less.

All I have seen is him say he believes it was the CTE which made his Dad do it. That’s a commonly held view and not him championing what his Dad did. He’s been seen at AEW and WWE events before, I don’t think it’s fair to hold anything against him when the actions of his old man have nothing to do with him.

This is the perfect place - as well as ROH - for FTR to go out and do what they do. Just go out and wrestle. There's no substance or real week on week character to them but shove them in with entertaining opponents and it all comes together to give some of the best tag wrestling you'll get. It is a shame there's not a bit more to them but I'll happily dip in and watch some of their matches and enjoy them. There's just no need to follow them week on week.

36 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

All I have seen is him say he believes it was the CTE which made his Dad do it. That’s a commonly held view and not him championing what his Dad did. He’s been seen at AEW and WWE events before, I don’t think it’s fair to hold anything against him when the actions of his old man have nothing to do with him.

His Twitter timelines has been a tribute to his Dad for years. He’s said he wants his Dad in the HOF. He wants to wrestle as Chris Benoit Jr.

I’m not saying he should be banned from events or anything as he’s clearly a grieving son struggling to come to terms with what has happened but it’s certainly not wise to have your prominent guys having any interaction with him.

1 minute ago, FUM said:

His Twitter timelines has been a tribute to his Dad for years. He’s said he wants his Dad in the HOF. He wants to wrestle as Chris Benoit Jr.

I’m not saying he should be banned from events or anything as he’s clearly a grieving son struggling to come to terms with what has happened but it’s certainly not wise to have your prominent guys having any interaction with him.

I'm not here trying to diagnose people or whatever but he's always seemed - both in the DSoTR episode and a bunch of different interviews he's done elsewhere - to be not quite right, which is hardly a surprise given the shit he's gone through. Didn't Jericho and Chavo have to step in once or twice to stop some carny independent promotors taking advantage of him?

1 minute ago, 69MeDon said:

I'm not here trying to diagnose people or whatever but he's always seemed - both in the DSoTR episode and a bunch of different interviews he's done elsewhere - to be not quite right, which is hardly a surprise given the shit he's gone through. Didn't Jericho and Chavo have to step in once or twice to stop some carny independent promotors taking advantage of him?

Yes. I just don't think it does him any favours to think he can be front row at a show and being interacted with. He needs to stay away from this damn seedy business. Because yeah, he seems off but hey, who can blame him? The things he's had to deal with.

2 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Not sure on the Jericho/Chavo part but yeah, most definitely agree from what I’ve seen that something doesn’t seem all there. It could just be trauma but who knows.

I’m sure he also went out his way to contact Jordynne Grace for saying Chris should burn in hell and got a public apology out of her.

• Paid Members

One of the lesser Harts had David Benoit booked years ago before Jericho pointed out he'd never trained.

He pops up every few years saying he's going to wrestle under his dad's name, that he's going to train with NJPW, that he's had talks with WWE about how he could debut there, but he's never trained more than a day in his life. The vultures at the dregs of wrestling "journalism" and content aggregation need to stop giving him the time of the day, because his surname is the only thing separating him from your average pub bullshitter or fantasist.