AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

On 6/25/2023 at 6:05 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Something, something, Whaaa my god has abandoned me, something, hot wife, something. 

Every Miro promo before and after his return. It's beyond tiresome now.

Didn’t seem like much of a departure to me, this week. 

Yeah, the crowd in the arena cheered when he first appeared on-screen, then they sat confused as he waffled on. He's a terrific in-ring competitor, but he doesn't need to be chatting the kind of shite he is now. It's a shame, as he'll likely fade again if they keep this line of character development up I think.

Tonight's the night of the Hamilton Collision. The show that only had 800+ tickets as of a couple weeks ago. Last number I saw still had it under 2,000. So it's going to look worse than last night's Dynamite.

Samoa Joe v. Roderick Strong

Powerhouse Hobbs v. Dustin Rhodes

Ricky Starks v. Juice Robinson

and additions last night of Kris Statlander v. Lady Frost and MJF in action! Doesn't feel like they've tried very hard. No wonder CM Punk appears to have taken the night off with no mention of an appearance.

Just now, Infinity Land said:

Tonight's the night of the Hamilton Collision. The show that only had 800+ tickets as of a couple weeks ago. Last number I saw still had it under 2,000. So it's going to look worse than last night's Dynamite.

Are you sure? I had a quick look and there's not all that many tickets left at this point. Just like they did in Toronto, they dropped the prices a bit in the past week or so. You can get a pretty good seat for like $25 CAD, which is like £15.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Are you sure? I had a quick look and there's not all that many tickets left at this point. Just like they did in Toronto, they dropped the prices a bit in the past week or so. You can get a pretty good seat for like $25 CAD, which is like £15.

Last public update from Wrestletix was on Friday had 1,703 out with a set-up of 3,083.

Last night's Dynamite had 4,328 out on a set-up of 5,350

It'd be quite an uptake to play catch up.

12 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Last public update from Wrestletix was on Friday had 1,703 out with a set-up of 3,083.

Last night's Dynamite had 4,328 out on a set-up of 5,350

It'd be quite an uptake to play catch up.

AEW are really good at hiding it when they have a small crowd. I had no idea the crowd at Dynamite was that small, it looked way better on TV.

Just now, 69MeDon said:

I had no idea the crowd at Dynamite was that small, it looked way better on TV.

Again, those online ticket sales that were a snapshot of sales a few hours earlier would not have included last minute walk-up traffic, of which there is always quite a bit. It's not like the UK where fans are conditioned to buy tickets on release due to events selling out.

The Toronto area basically had like four shows in the space of a week, including one PPV. I personally know people who were like "yeah, we'll get tickets on the day a few hours before. There's always something available."

The only real exception was Forbidden Door, which didn't have all that much left at all.

Not the best episode of television I’ve seen, sacrificing good storytelling for the mistaken belief that people care about the Owen Hart Cup.

At the moment, we have three tournaments going on in AEW - the tag tournament and the two Owen Hart tournaments. In the grand scheme of things, the latter meant very little last year. There’s no reason to care. 

And Andrade feuding with the House of Black over his mask? Why would anyone care about that?

And why is CM Punk refusing to reveal what’s in the bag? Is it something other than his World Title belt? Either way, I can’t say I care much.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Not the best episode of television I’ve seen, sacrificing good storytelling for the mistaken belief that people care about the Owen Hart Cup.

At the moment, we have three tournaments going on in AEW - the tag tournament and the two Owen Hart tournaments. In the grand scheme of things, the latter meant very little last year. There’s no reason to care. 

And Andrade feuding with the House of Black over his mask? Why would anyone care about that?

And why is CM Punk refusing to reveal what’s in the bag? Is it something other than his World Title belt? Either way, I can’t say I care much.

Aye I came into this episode with good intentions but skipped the majority of it. Especially coming off that Dynamite, this couldn’t have felt more B-Show if it tried.

• Awards Moderator
40 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I will care about the blind tag tournament if the whole thing turns out to be an excuse to team Orange Cassidy and Juice Robinson.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

We all know what's inside the bag anyway.

Muffins

I'm hoping Punk has a Cena inspired spinner AEW title in the bag. 

Theres something about Collision that feels a little Hogan TNA to me. Between Punk (who I know most people don't consider a WWE guy), FTR and Andrade battling Black and Murphy and Miro having no sense of direction, it just feels a little like the place where WWE rejects go. I know that's entirely unfair. 

However, completely contradicting what I just said, I feel like they'd have a fun hour show. Andrade match, Miro squash, Punk promo, I guess a Punk match if you really have to (I've never really connected with Punk in the ring)  rinse and repeat. 

I mean, this is basically what people would have gotten if they wanted a brand split. They've been carrying on most of the stories from episode 1. It's perhaps rather tedious because everything is in the middle of things at best, with no twists or endings yet.

Andrade v. HOB match/match/promo seems a bit busy next week so maybe another promo

Jay & Juice v. FTR match/match/promo set up the Title Eliminator for next week.

Miro is spinning his wheels still not plugged into anything.

Point of the Men's Owen looks to be Punk v. Starks. Which finally has the chance of something memorable. Maybe CMFTR turning on Starks in the end. Punk trading in the bag for his Owen belt.

Athena v. Willow is next week. Another champion v. champion on paper for Willow. I'd say they both need to win which isn't possible. Should be a big deal, doesn't feel like it because they've done nothing to promote it. Even if they had put in some effort it will be completely overshadowed by Punk/Joe, FTR/Jay & Juice. and even Starks/Hobbs.