AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

15 hours ago, adjarrell said:

We'll be getting a couple more for the pre show won't we? 100 man Battle royal with virgil winning please

Nearly sure someone (maybe MJF?) said something about it being the only match on the pre show. And think there’s only been one match on the most recent pre shows other than Forbidden Door.

21 minutes ago, burchybabi said:

Nearly sure someone (maybe MJF?) said something about it being the only match on the pre show. And think there’s only been one match on the most recent pre shows other than Forbidden Door.

I haven't gone back to watch it, but I figure if that was the case it would have been picked up by now.

• Paid Members

What time are people thinking of getting to Wembley for? Haven’t been to anything on this sort of scale for some time and not sure how long I’ll be looking at to get in etc.

Trying to suss out how early to get there to avoid stress and make sure I don’t miss the pre show. 

27 minutes ago, JLM said:

What time are people thinking of getting to Wembley for?

Probably 11:30ish. Much rather get there kind of calmly and plenty of time to kill with a spot of boozing & people watching, than stressing through the crowds & standing on the tube later on. It’s getting home which will be the real bastard 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, JLM said:

What time are people thinking of getting to Wembley for? Haven’t been to anything on this sort of scale for some time and not sure how long I’ll be looking at to get in etc.

Trying to suss out how early to get there to avoid stress and make sure I don’t miss the pre show. 

I've had nightmares getting in before for football. I don't think we'll be needing policed on Sunday like Chelsea fans*, but I'm going to try and get in the queue for 4.

* Unless someone boos Sting. Then I'm plastic glassing them.

Probably because I waited and didn't go in for the support but i got in fairly quickly for the Weeknd last Friday night 

Could be a different kettle of fish with this as everyone will possibly be going in the same time for the pre show tag match 

Might leave the hotel around 3pm. Should be in the city by 10am and have a ticket too the British Museum 

• Paid Members

The Double or Nothing 2021 entrance of Moxley and Kingston popped up on my timeline today. Still my favourite entrance of all time. Eddie Kingston getting his first taste of how much everyone had fallen in love with him during the pandemic. Moxley losing his mind, getting lost, nearly running over a kid. Kingston laughing his arse off and grinning ear to ear.

It might be beat this weekend. These great, great men are going to have over 80,000 people reacting to them. Kingston especially. No man deserves it more. Goosebumps. 

17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The Double or Nothing 2021 entrance of Moxley and Kingston popped up on my timeline today. Still my favourite entrance of all time. Eddie Kingston getting his first taste of how much everyone had fallen in love with him during the pandemic. Moxley losing his mind, getting lost, nearly running over a kid. Kingston laughing his arse off and grinning ear to ear.

It might be beat this weekend. These great, great men are going to have over 80,000 people reacting to them. Kingston especially. No man deserves it more. Goosebumps. 

What's the interest about w Kingston? I've not seen alot of him, though he looks like some big fat bloke who lives next door. What's the attraction? 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

What's the interest about w Kingston? I've not seen alot of him, though he looks like some big fat bloke who lives next door. What's the attraction? 

Incredible promo, great wrestler, brilliant and original character. And all while looking like the big fat bloke from next door.

Hes like the weird guy in your local that tries to be everyone's friend and will use his last few quid to buy you a pint....but the 2nd you look slightly funny at him he'll nut you one and its game over.

I think its because he doesn't 'look like a wrestler' that gives hope to us all. 

He’s the type of crazy that everyone can relate to. I know Brock Lesnar is scary because I’ve seen what he does and has done, and I’ve been told over many years what scary looks like. But my understanding of it is conceptual, as I’ve never met anyone who looks like Brock Lesnar.

I’ve walked across the street to get away from blokes like Eddie Kingston, moved downstairs on the bus and avoided their glare in the pub. He’s not gym strong, he’s kick your fucking teeth in hard.

He also really cares. Obviously there’s more that separates than unites their personalities, but he has the same quality Cody has when it comes to authentically giving a shit; I don’t believe anyone wants to succeed at wrestling more than EK, just like I don’t think anyone wants to win a world title more than Cody.

In short? …He’s great.

Machine gun chops are shit though.

• Paid Members

Most authentic wrestler who’s ever existed. Whether it’s a promo, selling, or even a fucking tear in his eye as he marches to the ring, there has never been anyone to do this craft that’s as convincing as Eddie Kingston. There is no character. There is no storyline. This is real life happening on-screen, partnah! He makes great promos look amateurish. He makes good performers look like silly, phoney actors, obviously playing a character.

Also; a fucking revolutionary character at that. I don’t root for him because he fights the baddies. I root for him because he’s insanely relatable, super interesting and impossible not to love. He’s a real bloke you know from the pub. He’s flawed, troubled, terrifying, but fair. And he will smash shit out of anyone who does you wrong.

Some of those promos he’s cut on his struggles with mental health, it’s like a completely different medium, showing a whole world of potential in what stories can be told in pro-wrestling. Everyone else needs to take note and catch up. He’s on a completely different level. A fucking hero of a man.

Edited by Supremo