CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

frat boy macho bollocks pay your dues know your place environment and which actually resembles a corporate structure? People who are used to the former are going to struggle working in the latter. 

My impression is that both lockerrooms are mostly full of nerds who spend all their time playing video games and barely any of them even go to the bar after the show.

3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

My impression is that both lockerrooms are mostly full of nerds who spend all their time playing video games and barely any of them even go to the bar after the show.

AJ Styles and his train travel setup have a lot to answer for. What wrong with a game of dommies and pretending you’re some really tough biker gang?

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Same goes for any used to the old ways. 

Not really though. Again, everybody else has managed to make the transition between the two locker rooms with little issue. Punk is the only one who has had a major meltdown which again indicates its more a 'Punk is a baby' situation than an AEW locker room issue. 

If anything, somebody like Punk who came up through the indies and ROH should be better suited to dealing with that locker room moreso than a Miro who has only ever really known the WWE system. Yet one handles his grievances like an adult while the other has a muffin meltdown. 

Wait a second, has Miro actually handled his issues well? Didn't he have a tantrum and pretty much refuse to work because booking didn't work for him, brother.

To be fair, if the ideas given to him really were that egregious then fair play to him standing up for himself but if not..

But this is also a guy who thought the idea of having a "video game player" gimmick was a good one.

Edited by Merzbow

"CM Punk has reportedly decided NOT to file a lawsuit against AEW for wrongful termination. According to Haus of Wrestling, both sides have decided to finish their story here and move on rather than tie each other down in months of legal proceedings, which would restrict CM Punk from appearing for any other wrestling promotion while the case is ongoing." Per Hausman.

Well that video must be damming and also....See you at Survivor Series, Punk?

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

How gracious of him not to sue someone who fired him for fighting his co-workers.

Again

Lawyer talk would say it’s a valid case because the other party wasn’t fired. But hopefully his lawyers told him to stop being a prick as he could’ve been fired about  four times over for being a prick. 

• Paid Members

if he does end up back with WWE I'm in a few minds about it. I don't watch WWE so it'll have no effect on the actual wrestling I watch however on one hand the online discourse on it would be absolutely unbearable, Punk will be unable to help himself from taking shots at AEW so they'll be just endless backstage bullshit to put up with but on the other hand him ending up back in WWE will hilariously expose him as the ultimate fake punk and total hypocritical bullshit artist which will be pretty funny.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

on the other hand him ending up back in WWE will hilariously expose him as the ultimate fake punk and total hypocritical bullshit artist which will be pretty funny.

There has really been a crushing inevitability, ever since he left WWE and complained of part-timers taking main event spots, that this would happen, and that he'd walk into a Wrestlemania main event with a part-time schedule. I think that if anything is preventing that it's at WWE's end - their relationship has always been framed around whether CM Punk would ever want to go back, but not enough thought is given to whether they'd want him back, and I'd question the logic of bringing him in now he's shown himself to be a legal liability. If they offer him the Brock Lesnar schedule, though, I'm sure he'd come running.

Really, the biggest shame in all of this is that Punk doesn't seem self-aware or open to criticism enough to lean into it. If he goes back to WWE, it will almost certainly be as the "Voice of the Voiceless" pretending to be a put-upon underdog everyman again, when playing the corporate sell-out who came back for the big money, the underground act who signed with a major label and changed his sound, is probably the best thing Punk could possibly do right now. His anti-Hardcore Cactus Jack run.