CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I dunno how anyone can give a shit about any of this.

To be fair, the last time this flared up they were all gone off TV for ages.

It’s not like WWE where Batista fucks around behind John Morrisons back, and Morrison is just told to get on with it. The AEW melodrama has real world implications for the TV, and could destroy what some people already see as a threadbare Wembley show.

So whilst I usually broadly agree with the aloof “oh, I don’t care about the backstage stuff”, I think in this case it really matters.

4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

So whilst I usually broadly agree with the aloof “oh, I don’t care about the backstage stuff”, I think in this case it really matters.

Oh I'm not trying to be aloof, I just don't know how anyone can be remotely interested in any of it. 

3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Oh I'm not trying to be aloof, I just don't know how anyone can be remotely interested in any of it. 

Because if it blows up, Samoa Joe will be facing Action Andretti and MJF/Adam Cole will have to pull triple duty at Wembley.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

To be fair using real glass is pretty dumb. If true of course. 

It’s incredibly stupid. I can’t say I disagree with Punk on this one. 

2 hours ago, Browser Brady said:

Is there anything suss about the timing of the reports all coming out this week ?

I tend to agree. I’m wondering if the anti-Punk camp leaked a bunch of stuff on the back of the Hangman comments.

Whatever the case, so much of this strikes me as childish, and not just from Punk’s side.

The anti punk side isn’t the elite, seems he’s pissed off a lot of people. The elite just choose to ignore him which is why he’s always so angry as he seeks attention. Punk shouldn’t be the guy going about giving yes and no to creative no matter how bad that idea is. That’s on the agents, creative EVPs  and booker 

• Paid Members

On the Jack Perry thing, imagine not listening to Tony Schiavone when he tells you something is stupid. The man had the best seat in the house for all of the litany of stupid things WCW attempted. If he tells you something is a bad idea in wrestling, listen because he knows!

Equally, imagine thinking if he didn't listen to Tony, somehow Punk stepping in would be a better call. 

21 minutes ago, Louch said:

The anti punk side isn’t the elite, seems he’s pissed off a lot of people. The elite just choose to ignore him which is why he’s always so angry as he seeks attention. Punk shouldn’t be the guy going about giving yes and no to creative no matter how bad that idea is. That’s on the agents, creative EVPs  and booker 

I mean, call a spade a spade. Collision is his show, and he is completely integral to its success or failure.

Even Meltzer says that on Saturday he’s the boss, and AEW are comfortable with that as both they and the network see Collision as his vehicle.

And, historically, wrestlers with that level of power have used it however they see fit.

He just needs to shut the fuck up about the Elite and leave the Wednesday gang be. Just… grow up a bit, and appreciate the power you do have.

• Paid Members

Seems to me that the biggest problem here is  management: a lot of the AEW staff seem to be nice guys who want everyone to get along. The boss is the biggest mark for the wrestlers there. They need a loyal, authoritative and nasty cunt who can keep the wrestlers in line and essentially be Tony Khan's hit man and take all the heat from the boys. Vince always seemed to have a few on the books in different periods: JR, Laurinitus, Terry Taylor for example.

Edited by LaGoosh

Yeah when you watch TK at some of the press conferences and whatever you can see how uncomfortable and out of his depth he is when people kick off. But he doesn't know what to do because he wants to be friends with everyone. And that approach only works to a point because when you've got that many people on your roster you can't be on everyone's side.

He needs to be on AEW's side. The business. Make the right decision. From a business perspective even if there WAS an Elite Punk pay off at the end I don't think it's worth it.

I think I’ve decided the funniest end to all of this would be that it actually is a work, Omega calls him out tonight at Dynamite, they have a match at All In/Out and… they just don’t gel at all and the match is an utter damp fart disappointment.