Forum Awards - Dolt of the Year 2022

Frankie Crisp

Forum Awards - Dolt of the Year 2022  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Put me up as another one that definitely said some absolutely stupid shit on here back in the day. But now I really hope I contribute in a more positive way. I enjoy the wrestling discussion.

Back in the day? Have you seen what's taking the lead in the most tired gag award? Bloody hell mate, you and Keith are gonna have to split the trophy in a joint video on that one!

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Jazzy is showing is his High vision vest again

How dare you take offence at my gimmick! I cry because I don't have any hi vis clothing at the moment. 

@Keith HouchenI did actually, totally unconsciously say "I hope it doesn't get damaged" at the end of something I was watching on YouTube when the narrator said "the new video will be dropping soon." then laughed far too much. 

31 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

@Keith HouchenI did actually, totally unconsciously say "I hope it doesn't get damaged" at the end of something I was watching on YouTube when the narrator said "the new video will be dropping soon." then laughed far too much. 

Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF

@RalphyV2, you've received some great advice in this thread that I'm hoping you'll take on board, but allow to add my own particular take on it as regards to my own posting.

While (to my knowledge) I've never been nominated for Dolt of the Year, which could well mean that my contributions are either largely inconsequential or just don't rub people up the wrong way, a couple of years back I got called out for constantly posting Simpsons Memes from Frinkiac. Clearly, I love a good Simpsons reference as much as some others do on here, but it riled somebody up enough that they felt the need to comment on it. That's where you need to take a moment to think about what you're about to post. Running jokes are fine, but take a moment to think about whether or not you're maybe running with it too much. That's not to say that I no longer post a Simpsons joke/reference every now & again if I think it might get a laugh out of someone, but there have been plenty of times where I've stopped and not posted something because of the groans it will receieve.

Other times there have been posts where I've made a complete tit of myself, I think it was @SuperBacon who called me out on a comment I made about Harrison Ford a few months back. And they were absolutely right to do so because looking back at it, it was a daft thing to post, but you learn from it by being called out on it or by being nominated in Awards such as this. I'm not saying that you need to analyse everything you ever post to the Nth degree, but just take a moment before hitting 'Submit Reply'.

• Paid Members

I think it speaks volumes that people are actually giving out positive advice to try and keep you around @RalphyV2rather than hounding you out. Don't take it personally (hard to do I understand), but just listen to what folk (especially that wonderful post from FF) are saying, take the positives from it and move forward instead of leaving the board for a few months, then coming back and repeating the cycle. 

I would say I have quite bad online social anxiety, to the point that on occasion, I will post something then shut the app down and fear the responses, BUT, it does make me think a lot before I post (Sniff joke the other day excluded, which was more a joke within a joke) and the amount of times I might type out a response before reading it back and not bothering because it either doesn't add anything at all to the discussion, or its just straight bollocks. 

It takes 5 seconds to re-read before hitting reply, thats all thats needed :)