21 minutes ago, Vamp said:

To be fair, I think you're overthinking it too. I imagine it's more a case of Khan loves Flair and has wanted to bring him in for ages. 

Yup!   AEW has been a great success, but in some respects Khan is just the biggest money mark to come along since Ted Turner.

The roster is fast filling up with ageing stars he clearly has the hots for.  Some have been great value, some are just vanity projects that make the product worse.

Putting Flair or Jeff Hardy regularly on TV rather than, say, "AEW Pillar" Jungle Boy is kind of where we are with this product now in 2023.

13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Yup!   AEW has been a great success, but in some respects Khan is just the biggest money mark to come along since Ted Turner.

The roster is fast filling up with ageing stars he clearly has the hots for.  Some have been great value, some are just vanity projects that make the product worse.

Putting Flair or Jeff Hardy regularly on TV rather than, say, "AEW Pillar" Jungle Boy is kind of where we are with this product now in 2023.

I suppose there is some truth that Jungle Boy isn't on TV right now because of an aging former WWE star.

On 11/2/2023 at 9:07 PM, Infinity Land said:

He's in his mid-70s. He can't wrestle (please don't wrestle).

"Ric Flair: "I just made it very clear to everybody that I can take bumps. I have a doctor's release to do anything I want like that. Do I think I'll wrestle again? No. Would I like to? Obviously. [Laughs] I'm never going to say no. There you go. [Laughs]"

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

I want this guy on Dynamite. If Tony Khan has a burner account on here, make it happen. They gave that crap pizza guy a one off appearance, they can do the same for a wrestling Michael Jackson. Then Orange Cassidy and the Best Friends can all do a half arsed Thriller dance with him. 

This is why my dream job would be the booker for Rampage. I would fill it to the brim with mad lucha shit, weird styles clash matches and ridiculous stuff like this. Perfect Friday night wrestling nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

I want this guy on Dynamite. If Tony Khan has a burner account on here, make it happen. They gave that crap pizza guy a one off appearance, they can do the same for a wrestling Michael Jackson.

Given Tony Khan’s track record of problematic signings, impersonating a notorious sex offender is actually a really clever way of earning an AEW contract. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

I want this guy on Dynamite. If Tony Khan has a burner account on here, make it happen. They gave that crap pizza guy a one off appearance, they can do the same for a wrestling Michael Jackson. Then Orange Cassidy and the Best Friends can all do a half arsed Thriller dance with him. 

Cornette is going to lose his mind. This might send him into having a coronary and die. 

I didn’t watch this show, and I cancelled my AEW Plus subscription on the back of the company’s continued support for alleged sexual predators, but I read a recap and wanted to comment on how interesting it is that, in spite of threatening to be by Sting’s side until his retirement, Ric Flair was absent from television once again. There’s no way Khan - or perhaps WBD - didn’t become aware of the backlash to the Flair signing, so I wonder if this is a direct result of that? I suspect he’ll show up at Full Gear and that I’m reading too much into this, but it would at least be something if Tony Khan had learned some kind of lesson from this.

• Paid Members

I'm getting a terrible sinking feeling that they're going for a big nonsensical swerve as part of the masked devil angle.

If it's not Cole and The Kingdom, I can't help but think it's going to end up being The Elite (which makes minimal sense), or worse, this whole Punk firing thing has been a massively convoluted, underwhelming Russo-esque work which would be terrible. 

Please tell me there's a more logical explanation that won't leave me wanting to sack off watching AEW. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Please tell me there's a more logical explanation that won't leave me wanting to sack off watching AEW. 

It's Swerve! He's been plotting and scheming to wear down MJF, create new enemies for him and take away all his support over several months so he can swoop in and take the title from him once weakened. How's that?

To be fair, AEW haven't done an angle like this before so let's maybe wait till they actually fuck it up to complain about it.

Solid show I thought, plenty to enjoy and mostly everything pushed forward the right wrestlers and stories in a logical way and some good matches. The type of show they needed right now. Definitely a few things I could kick off about but sometimes not really worth overthinking this stuff.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I didn’t watch this show, and I cancelled my AEW Plus subscription on the back of the company’s continued support for alleged sexual predators, but I read a recap and wanted to comment on how interesting it is that, in spite of threatening to be by Sting’s side until his retirement, Ric Flair was absent from television once again. There’s no way Khan - or perhaps WBD - didn’t become aware of the backlash to the Flair signing, so I wonder if this is a direct result of that? I suspect he’ll show up at Full Gear and that I’m reading too much into this, but it would at least be something if Tony Khan had learned some kind of lesson from this.

I was never expecting him every week despite what was said. He'll be back.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I'm getting a terrible sinking feeling that they're going for a big nonsensical swerve as part of the masked devil angle.

If it's not Cole and The Kingdom, I can't help but think it's going to end up being The Elite (which makes minimal sense), or worse, this whole Punk firing thing has been a massively convoluted, underwhelming Russo-esque work which would be terrible. 

I disagree. Considering all the discussions and discourse, Punk and Jungle Boy being behind it would be hilarious. 

I’ve not watched the whole episode yet, but I thought the opening half hour was pretty great. MJF and Garcia had a great match and thought it seems inevitable he’s splitting off from 3.0 in the near future. Sting/Darby V Outrunners was ok. Felt a bit pointless overall but always good to see a Sting win. Still enjoying Toni Storm so enjoyed the contract signing segment.

Swerve/Penta was great, as expected, enjoyed Hangers coming in for the save, hope that march pops at Full Gear.

Joe/Lee was fun, I’m sure Big E was loving it too. But then the end happened. Hate someone just relinquishing a title. 

Gunns are so hot right now, but a nice tag run in ROH would probably exa good move. Which going back to Joe, I’m hoping this is the sign of a harder ROH/AEW split. Let ROH being their NXT, and stop the brand diluting the main AEW product, it’s overkill. Maybe this is the start of that?