• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I'm not saying it's entirely consistent - the main exception is Mox, who is just an unstoppable monster. 

He's been doing interviews recently saying he can't get out of bed before noon because of aches and injuries, but granted, that's not on the show. I do appreciate the realism, but it does also shine a light on one aspect of the grimness of the profession, which I'm not sure is a good idea long term. When you factor in how many injuries they rack up too it does make you wonder if everyone might need to slow down a tad. 

18 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Moxley is competing in and winning real wrestling competitions inbetween Dynamite's. He's probably doing fine.

I think he’s just a very tough bloke.

Providing he’s not shaking our trees, he’s recently spoke about being diagnosed with early arthritis and being told his joints are comparable to that of an “arthritic 70 year old”.

• Paid Members

Part of me just has this image of Juice Robinson and Toni Storm sitting at home thinking of new ways to become even more outlandish and insane while finding the entire thing hilarious.

Honestly I can't believe two people who were seen as just not having charisma, or enough of it to justify their position have become two of my favourite people to see be named on a card. It's fantastic the effort they've put in to find their niche.

Honestly the idea of Jade jumping ship doesn't shock me at all. 

I've suspected for a while that the first AEW exodus would possibly be from the woman's division. Jade can absolutely be a huge star but to put it bluntly, not in AEW.

Wouldn't be shocked if others start weighing up their options as it gets closer to contract renewals.

Edited by The King Of Swing

Can somebody explain to me who the fuck Conrad is?  Every time someone posts an interview video that Kevin Smith looking bastard is in it as a third wheel, but… who is he adhd where did he come from?

9 minutes ago, Loki said:

Can somebody explain to me who the fuck Conrad is?  Every time someone posts an interview video that Kevin Smith looking bastard is in it as a third wheel, but… who is he adhd where did he come from?

Made a fuck tonne of money in money lending, mortgages etc and decided to buy his way into wrestling starting with being pals with Ric Flair and started that initial ill-fated podcast where Ric was always wankered. It's all gone from there to this podcast empire he now runs.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Made a fuck tonne of money in money lending, mortgages etc and decided to buy his way into wrestling starting with being pals with Ric Flair and started that initial ill-fated podcast where Ric was always wankered. It's all gone from there to this podcast empire he now runs.

I’d say it’s more than that. He married his daughter Megan.

Honestly I enjoyed that episode much more than last week's snoozer, flowed much better imo. 

Though I feel they have finally jumped the shark with Strong. Thought his post match performance fell on the bad side of goofy. 

I'm actually wondering if Storm takes the women's title at Grand Slam. Saraya clearly only won it for the Wembley pop and I don’t see any real upside to a long reign.

• Paid Members

This guy is The Guy. Pay him whatever he wants and build the entire company around him for the next 3 years. Absolute pro.

As for Grand Slam, MJF winning is the most uninteresting ending. The ideal way to book it going forward would be:

- Joe wins at Grand Slam either clean or preferably some shenanigans with Cole and Strong that accidentally cost MJF the match thus adding some massive tension to the friendship. Plus a surprise title change gives the show a shot in the arm and Joe can have a short, fun reign on top.

- Cole and MJF are in the Full Gear title eliminator tournament and meet in the finals at Full Gear. Cole wins and earns the Winter Is Coming title shot.

- Adam Cole wins the title at Winter Is Coming.

- MJF asks his best friend Adam Cole to reciprocate and give him a title shot. Cole says...no! Big heel turn with MJF heartbreak.

- MJF is the top babyface chasing the title and revenge against his former best friend. 

Edited by LaGoosh

I can't see MJF going anywhere. I don't think WWE would be able to book him in the way he needs to be booked. Jade Cargill is obviously a different beast and Cody was an easy fit. I do think they'd struggle to present MJF in the best way. And I'd be surprised if he took that chance in the near future. I think now with what hes doing and how well its all going there's no reason for him to consider anywhere else.

• Paid Members

I'm sure he'll end up there someday but at only 27 years old and still more to do in AEW (which can raise his value even further) I think he's sticking around for the next few years. I don't think they'd let him run this "bidding war of 2024" stuff if he hadn't already signed a lucrative contract extension.