It was his breakout year and the year he switched from the old CHIKARA ant gimmick to this one. I watched US indies like Beyond and GCW then so I saw him plenty. He's still having the same matches he was then.

On 7/7/2023 at 9:04 AM, Snitsky's back acne said:

A cake angle. In 2023.
God bless 'em.

Loved every second of it. 

I'm fully on board with Better Than You Bay Bay. A breath of fresh air compared to MJF's usual shit.

Not personally a fan of dragging DO into the Elite/BCC story. 

8 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Loved every second of it. 

I'm fully on board with Better Than You Bay Bay. A breath of fresh air compared to MJF's usual shit.

Not personally a fan of dragging DO into the Elite/BCC story. 

Dragging them back into it. As it was DO supporting Hangman during the Mox feud that turned into the Elite being reunited.

15 hours ago, sj5522 said:

Surely Orange is the wrestler for the year for 2018 since that's the last time he added something fresh to his act?

Have you ever watched professional wrestling? Every wrestler pretty much does the same thing over and over for years 

1 hour ago, Zaheer said:

Have you ever watched professional wrestling? Every wrestler pretty much does the same thing over and over for years 

Ric Flair, who didn't change his act across multiple decades - after his plane crash - is a prime example of this. What a weird thing to have an issue with, @sj5522.

Lol. Ric Flair who got pretty stale himself throughout the late 90s (yes, I know who was booking him) and was eventually given a new lease of life by, what the WWE would like you to think was association with Triple H, but in reality was the development of old saggy tits. Maybe in 15 years that will happen to OC too, in the meantime lets all clap like seals for his three spots.

16 hours ago, sj5522 said:

It was his breakout year and the year he switched from the old CHIKARA ant gimmick to this one. I watched US indies like Beyond and GCW then so I saw him plenty. He's still having the same matches he was then.

And the fans are still loving them.

Pretty much every successful wrestler, ever, had a routine they stuck to for years or even decades. 

To say that OC hasn't added anything to his act since 2918 is complete bollocks. 

For one his current title run is almost completely based around his body being slowly destroyed forcing him to adapt, which is completely different to his original run when AEW first started. 

Adapt to what? Wearing a bit of tape on his back? If you're seeing a master seller that I haven't, then I'm pleased you had a good time at least.

I'm not trying to convince anybody to stop liking him, but when I see a statement like "he could even make FTR fun!", I do start to wonder what kind of mass-hypnosis has taken place.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Adapt to what? Wearing a bit of tape on his back? If you're seeing a master seller that I haven't, then I'm pleased you had a good time at least.

I'm not trying to convince anybody to stop liking him, but when I see a statement like "he could even make FTR fun!", I do start to wonder what kind of mass-hypnosis has taken place.

Pipe down you boring Tory.