I don't know what the general consensus is on Renee or how much credit she gets on the regular, but for me she's a class above and a total asset to the show. Schiavone's the king of hosting in ring segments, but the backstage is hers. She's that perfect interviewer in that she can be a character herself whilst never overshadowing who she's interviewing, and can lift up some of the duller ones. 

• Paid Members

Even in WWE, where they want their backstage interviewers to be characterless robots, and to start every interview segment with "joining me now, my guest at this time", and then just hold a microphone vaguely near their face without even asking a question to give it the pretence of being a backstage interview, Renee was phenomenal. The best in that role since Gene Okerlund.

16 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Obviously Toni Storm is great, but…

Samoa Joe in a World Title feud with MJF?

A Swerve Strickland singles push?

If I didn’t know better, I’d say Tony Khan was flirting with me.

While little Tone' is recovering from fearing for his very life, Danielson has got the book. So, you can actually thank CM Punk for all of that.

14 hours ago, RedRooster said:

It's only a push if he actually wins a match...

That promo was rough, though - he seemed to lose his train of thought more than once, and on top of that there's still no chemistry at all between the members of the Mogul Embassy. I'm not even sure what Prince Nana is all about, is he their manager? A wrestler? It's never been made clear. 

Swerve oozes star quality, but this wasn't his finest showing. 

Really? I enjoyed it and was actually quite glad to see Swerve in there with someone who matters. Anything that moves him away from the Nick Wayne/Darby nonsense is a good thing.

• Paid Members

Some really good stuff in there. Swerve/Hangman feels like a big deal in the making - they're both just so good. And Joe. Fucking hell, Joe. What a presence. Just grinning the entire way through that segment - including Joe shrugging off the jokes from MJF, then getting right under his skin. He's also just about the only wrestler that can pull off 'bitch' as an insult like that. Just amazing stuff.

I thought that was a shit episode. 

MJF/Joe segment started strong but felt like it went on forever. Joe was great, though. 

That Storm promo was proper god I hope no one walks in as I'm watching this material and I've enjoyed her work, recently.

Another fucking tournament.

Enjoyed Sakura/Stantlander for what it was. 

Don't give a shit about the Le Sex God's, drama. At least fucking lose before falling out. 

Swerve promo was mostly rubbish. Sounded like a guy who knows he's going nowhere. 

Starks promo was great. 

Mox/Fox just didn’t click. Terrible choice for a first defense. 

34 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I thought that was a shit episode. 

MJF/Joe segment started strong but felt like it went on forever. Joe was great, though. 

That Storm promo was proper god I hope no one walks in as I'm watching this material and I've enjoyed her work, recently.

Another fucking tournament.

Enjoyed Sakura/Stantlander for what it was. 

Don't give a shit about the Le Sex God's, drama. At least fucking lose before falling out. 

Swerve promo was mostly rubbish. Sounded like a guy who knows he's going nowhere. 

Starks promo was great. 

Mox/Fox just didn’t click. Terrible choice for a first defense. 

Agree, but then I think Dynamite has been pretty average for a long time now. 

Mox / Fox was dull. 
I could call nearly every move in that Darby / Wayne match before it even happened. Should be no where near a main event. 
MJF / Joe would have been great in half that time.
Remember when Jericho used to fuck off for a while to make people miss him in WWE. It's been overdue in AEW for about 2 years now. Couldn't give a toss. 

And yes on tournaments. No more tournaments. (Have they also stopped doing eliminator matches? Haven't heard that one in a while).

Christians cameo, Don Callis and Roddy Strong were very good though. 

6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

So cool that AEW is back to normal and no backstage drama or Twitter feuds.

pride and prejudice drama GIF by BBC

You do get the unfortunate feeling that, however wrong or dickheaded he’s been, if Punk can bring himself to shut the fuck up for 6 months his reputation may be somewhat rehabbed by things happening behind the scenes that are viewed as ‘unprofessional’ or ‘immature’.

35 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

So cool that AEW is back to normal and no backstage drama or Twitter feuds.

pride and prejudice drama GIF by BBC

It's been apparent since Mike Santana returned it was for a singles run. Changed up his name. Own entrance music. The vignettes he was producing bleeding over onto TV. The annoying thing is that he's leaning into being a heel when AEW's got plenty.

Time's going to tell if Ortiz is venting since it leaves him at a loose end, angling for a feud against his old partner, or already in on it and trying to generate interest in the upcoming match.

First thing said in 14 months when they've been at tapings and worked a match involving each other. Aye. that'd be right. Even Punk and Young Bucks had a brief interaction at Wembley.

Edited by Infinity Land