• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Vamp said:

Perry vs. ECW at Wembley just feels odd. It makes more sense for Chicago. 

My guess is RVD comes out next week to save Lynn and we get a singles match, probably on a Dynamite rather than All In or All Out. Khan better pay up for Pantera though.

I think there's a fair chance it all goes down next week. RVD (or other non AEW ECW wrestler) comes out, we do Walk, they do a shortish match with whatever he can still do and you've got a pretty big memorable moment for your 200th show. Maybe even some sort of promo linking RVD through to ECW to indies to AEW. Look at where you are/look at where we started kinda thing.

But yeah, equally this could be to get a non AEW big name for Wembley..

5 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

whats so good about him ?

He's a sadistic, brutally violent piece of shit. I love him, everything he does these days just looks so good.

Find this match in full and him vs Danielson.

Edited by Merzbow

2 hours ago, Browser Brady said:

As someone who has never seen Rush, whats so good about him ?

What are examples of some of his better matches ? 

Thanks

He's either the most believable man in the world when he's on offense, or he's a dickhead bully taking liberties because he genuinely believes he could slap the piss out of anyone on the roster.

Both work for me.

• Paid Members

A bit of a waste of time that show was. This Gravity fella is no Bandido, brother or not. AR Fox - he doesn't have it. If it allows Darby to be siphoned off from Swerve with a win back without Swerve having to job, because he's onto more important things? Then I understand it. 

The booking is pretty mental in this company at the moment though. There are way, way, way too many people turning. The roster is completely up in the air, it's disjointed as fuck because each turn is getting no time to breathe because someone else is turning on either the same episode or the next one. 

That Collision show is starting to hurt on the ideas front, and it's starting to hurt quickly. They need to do something fast to change it, whether that's drop Rampage, drop ROH, change Rampage to ROH, make Dynamite three hours and do away with both Rampage and ROH. Something's gotta give. All that TV and no room for Jeff Jarrett? Like for fucks sake, come on. The two candidates for wrestler of the year should be on every episode. 

On that note. I'm well interested in Moxley Vs Cassidy. I'd have Cassidy win that at All In too. It'd cement him as an actual tippy top guy, not just a fan favourite with the mid card belt. It would make it from a B belt to a 1A belt. Have OC beat Mox by the absolute skin of his teeth, getting battered in the process. RUSH lays Cassidy out in a sneak attack segment on Dynamite. Challenges him for All Out. Cassidy on Rampage, is in the hospital and accepts. RUSH eats the leftovers in Chicago. OC goes away for a month until MJF needs a challenger at Full Gear.

I'd be tempted to put the title on OC there for a short run, building to Swerve taking it at Revolution. All of which, no doubt, is so far away from where they are actually going. Hopefully TK knows where that is though, because it doesn't feel like it at the moment. 

On 7/28/2023 at 7:12 PM, Browser Brady said:

As someone who has never seen Rush, whats so good about him ?

What are examples of some of his better matches ? 

Thanks

1986 cup final, 1989 cup final and Germany at the Arms Park.

• Paid Members

I've said before that "we have too many talented and popular wrestlers" is the kind of "problem" you want to have as a promoter, but that combined with them having too much to build towards at the moment is really starting to make the whole product feel burned out. 

In the next few weeks they:

- Dynamite 200 on Wednesday
- Collision running opposite Summerslam on Saturday
- All In on the 27th
- Dynamite, Rampage and Collision from Chicago (where, you'd assume, they're going to do some CM Punk stuff) on August 30th and September 2nd
- All Out on Sept 3rd
- Grand Slam on Sept 20th

And that's assuming that there's nothing big planned for any of the intermediary dates. Every one of those shows is something that deserves focus, big matches, and big "moments" in terms of storyline progression. I don't know how you begin to start booking any one of those without feeling like you're short-changing one of the others; on one hand you have the option to hold some things back for the next "big" show, but then for something like Wembley they shouldn't be in a position of holding anything back.