• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

AR Fox has that flippy guy that never got past CZW "Best of the Best" level vibe about him, it's proper indie stuff and I don't see why he's given legit TV time over so many other workers in the company.

Yeah, I've got fond memories of AR Fox's CZW/PWG run, but a lot of his stuff doesn't play well in front of arenas and big, sparkly, 4K cameras. He snared the crowd with his best stuff against OC, but his more indy-riffic habits still got a spotlight, such as that dumb skin-the-cat dropkick that has all the impact of an ant landing on a bouncy castle.

One thing strikes me with Fox, and that's his footwork and running the ropes always looks so rough. He's constantly shovelling about and gingerly getting into position, but I think he's ironed those out for his big chance here. I do hope he can make the most of this opportunity though, as I was a massive mark for his reckless indy work.

9 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

One thing strikes me with Fox, and that's his footwork and running the ropes always looks so rough. He's constantly shovelling about and gingerly getting into position, but I think he's ironed those out for his big chance here. I do hope he can make the most of this opportunity though, as I was a massive mark for his reckless indy work.

I'd like to be proven wrong about him, but I'm yet to see what merits him getting attention over people like Ethan Page, Eddie Kingston, Daniel Garcia, Big Bill and countless others. That said, judging by Tony Khan's track record, he'll lose interest in Fox soon enough and move on to the next 'project'; so whether or not he silences doubters may be irrelevant.  

Edited by RedRooster

The build for their busy shows is always like this for the most part. Only really start to announce matches a couple of weeks in advance.

Sign me up for Perry v RVD at Wembley with a bunch of ECW run ins though. With RVD coming out to Walk by Pantera. 

Edited by AndyUK

• Paid Members

Really, really uninterested in some weird Perry vs ECW story if that's where they're taking it. Feels like the modern day equivalent of some old Mid-South guys turning up in the Attitude era. 

Terrible entrance music aside, I think Perry is slowly but steadily growing into this new role as an annoying little shit and it gives him plenty of good potential feuds going forwards. Eddie Kingston trying to murder him will be great telly. Still, that music has got to go.

14 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Really, really uninterested in some weird Perry vs ECW story if that's where they're taking it. Feels like the modern day equivalent of some old Mid-South guys turning up in the Attitude era. 

I don't mind cameos, if it's Perry vs. Hook booked in a similar clusterfuck way to Triple H vs. Sting from a few years ago. That could be a fun match to watch, although it would  feel a bit soon for Perry to have his comeuppance. This feud really should culminate in that albatross of a belt being retired, though; with the threat of Perry being the last ever FTW Champion being an emotional, erm, hook for Hook and Taz. 

• Paid Members

Interesting article on si.com about Blood & Guts last week. Main points that stand out: due to travel delays they had less time to put the match together than they wanted, the bed of nails was Mox's idea, Yuta was working injured, Hangman had a big hero moment but they had to cut it for time live, they overran hence the finish feeling very rushed, original plan was to finish 10 minutes before the end of the show to do the Elite promo and finish the episode with the Elite and BCC shaking hands but due to overrunning that all took place off air.

Given how little time happens between last man and end of show, that sounds like a massive amount of overrun of things that doesn’t come across in the match itself 

• Paid Members

I've never seen any wrestler clap their hands when doing a kick more obviously than AR Fox did this week. Utter sub indy shite. I could do better, and I was god awful.

Otherwise, I quite enjoyed the show. PAC was pretty much wasted, and some prick kept yelling 'Neville' at him. But otherwise, yeah not shabby. Not great, but not shit.

• Paid Members

AR Fox is a nutcase and will take some absolutely ludicrous bumps so if he's involved just to be Swerve's fall guy then he could be fun but he's pretty bad at mostly everything else. At least he looks the part, I suppose. A hip hop guy hanging out with two barefooted Samoans always looked very strange.

• Awards Moderator

We’ve said it before and I’ll say it again now, give Swerve the title.

Surprised PAC didn’t come out to help his friends at the end, especially since he was definitely in the building. Death Triangle vs Best Friends & OC vs BCC in a Wembley Stadium Stampede? Sue doing a run-in in a London cab? Not a chance but my fantasy booking head wants it now.