Another football kit thread

SuperBacon

50 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I think some teams are realising that there are people who just won't buy shirts with betting companies on them.

If I had a choice of with sponsor or not, I’d most likely choose without..especially if it’s a betting company

• Paid Members

Only time I've ever seen a shirt where I thought the sponsor added anything to it was that Coventry shirt from ages back that Keith posted, where they made the Talbot logo part of the actual design. I'm a bit surprised that no-one's done that since, as it's definitely a lot more creative and aesthetically pleasing than just slapping on a logo in the middle, which has ruined the effect of many a shirt, especially when they don't even fit the design scheme.

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I think some teams are realising that there are people who just won't buy shirts with betting companies on them.

Can't remember off the top of my head when but there will be a ban soon.

58 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Only time I've ever seen a shirt where I thought the sponsor added anything to it was that Coventry shirt from ages back that Keith posted, where they made the Talbot logo part of the actual design. I'm a bit surprised that no-one's done that since, as it's definitely a lot more creative and aesthetically pleasing than just slapping on a logo in the middle, which has ruined the effect of many a shirt, especially when they don't even fit the design scheme.

I believe that was the first instance of a sponsor on a football shirt. 

13 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

spacer.png

Apparently the new Celtic shirt, I imagine it will be unpopular with some but I don't mind it except for the black collar. Will look better with the sponsorless version.

Looking at the sponsor I think it’s fake. And going by the Benfica top to the left, it’s probably the Sporting Lisbon kit for next season. 

According to Footy Headlines (who are usually pretty reliable) that is the new Celtic shirt, and is on sale in Canada (which tends to be first as a market weirdly)

I moan a lot about modern football football shirts but it must be hard for designers to continually come up with fresh designs for iconic looks like hoops, or all red like Liverpool etc.

Apart from the designers for Spurs home shirts. They deserve all the scorn.

On 6/20/2023 at 9:58 AM, SuperBacon said:

According to Footy Headlines (who are usually pretty reliable) that is the new Celtic shirt, and is on sale in Canada (which tends to be first as a market weirdly).

I also have it on pretty good authority that this is the new home shirt. I saw an image of it about 4-6 weeks ago and was told the pattern in the green hoops is supposed to reflect the iconic stained glass entrance to Celtic Park before its redevelopment.

spacer.png

• Paid Members

The Rovers have extended their deal with the vape company Totally Wicked, which is based in Blackburn. New kit is supposed to arrive next month. Speculation will no doubt be rife about what shade of blue they'll be using, and whether thery swap what sides the blue and white halves are on. I'd imagine there'll be a yellow away kit, and maybe something with red and black halves or stripes, as seems traditional for the Rovers' kits.