Everyone Out- The Strike Thread

Mr_Danger

40 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

@Mr_Danger Who is right in this exchange? 

Part of their current agreement was to bring in the use of GPS tracking via the pda’s that we use for scanning parcels but that the information was to be used as a tool to tell customers where we were and when their parcels would arrive. The agreement was that no information could be used in disciplinary procedures. In my office alone they have had to give two posties their jobs back due to them being fired based on the pda GPS evidence. Part of the dispute is the company wanting to use this information in disciplinary procedures going forward.

Did you see the one with him squirming over the priorities given to parcels over mail that he still denies even though it’s what we are all told everyday? Man’s a buffoon. Expect to see him in politics soon.

Edited by Mr_Danger

Back in December he said what he’s saying here on the BBC and the very next morning this order of priority that he says was knocked up by one rogue office was rolled out across the company. It’s literally been the company line since the pandemic and still is during busy periods. It’s not even an unreasonable policy to be fair, that higher costing items such as parcels are prioritised over things like second class mail and junk mail but if perishable goods such as flowers or food aren’t tracked or priority they get left to rot and doctors letters can be left up to a week at a time. The main reason he’s lying though is because the company has a universal agreement with the government that says they have to deliver mail everywhere 6 days a week and it hasn’t been honoured in about 3 years. It’s still against the law to purposely delay mail.

• Paid Members

My other half worked in HR for Royal Mail for years, and sounds like Thompson is horrendous on that side of things just as much as with the rank-and-file. He does the incredibly Bad Boss thing of, if a complaint is sent to him, promising the world and insisting that he'll "get things sorted" before asking anyone who actually knows what they're doing what the situation is, what the context is, or if what he's promising is even possible. So not at all surprised that he's routinely speaking out of both sides of his mouth, it's that typical management bullshit of trying to promise everyone the world, without any consideration for when Person A's promise contradicts Person B's, or when Person C can see both of them and see that they're both bollocks.

• Paid Members

Had our union meeting today, we're setting up a picket so that will be exciting. 

Looks like there's about 25 NEU members in school, and 4 staff out on a ski trip, so they're probably going to have to close the school, which is obviously what we want. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Tomorrow's the day. School is shut for all but 11 and 13, and I'll be on the picket at 7.30 am

IMG_8531.jpg

Bitterly disappointed it says "Fully fund our schools" and not "Fully fund are schools".

25 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Tomorrow's the day. School is shut for all but 11 and 13, and I'll be on the picket at 7.30 am

IMG_8531.jpg

Solidarity!

My eldests school had a "gas leak" today which we were told about yesterday.

Putting my tinfoil hat on, I reckon they don't want anyone to see just how many of their teachers are union and striking.

It's very convenient timing I must say.

I didn’t realise how many different unions the teachers were split between, here’s a crazy notion, unite over a common cause and stand together! Unless it’s a case of stagger the strikes between them for maximum impact in which case well played. Solidarity.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I didn’t realise how many different unions the teachers were split between, here’s a crazy notion, unite over a common cause and stand together! Unless it’s a case of stagger the strikes between them for maximum impact in which case well played. Solidarity.

I'm fairly sure the NEU was formed out of a merger of the NUT and NASUWT. So hopefully that's marking a trend towards gradually unifying the various unions.