Everyone Out- The Strike Thread

Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Anyone seen the TikTok craze that's going across schools that's supposedly the students 'protesting' but in reality is them just Smashing the place up and disrupting mocks and suchlike?

My lads school had a major incident on Friday and apparently loafs of things have been planned for tomorrow such as setting bins alight, fire alarms, throwing chairs, generally being disruptive. Apparently its all to do with the uniform policy, locking of toilets, banned from wearing coats during the school day, etc.

Then how do you suggest they protest against these issues?

Also it's not a "TikTok craze" but even if it was, here's a rare example of social media being used in a positive and progressive way. And don't we all want social media to be more like that?

• Paid Members

Protests in schools has always been a thing. In my first week in senior school all the year 10s and 11s tied themselves to the fence with their ties in protest. Sadly not sure what of but I certainly remember the image even now.

Kids rebel and egg each other on. Sometimes for a reason and sometimes just to show off. If the cause is reasonable then good for them.

15 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Then how do you suggest they protest against these issues?

Also it's not a "TikTok craze" but even if it was, here's a rare example of social media being used in a positive and progressive way. And don't we all want social media to be more like that?

It seems that some students have spread around on social media what they are doing, based on stuff they've been watching other schools doing. 

I don't disagree with what they are protesting about, just how they are going about it. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

It seems that some students have spread around on social media what they are doing, based on stuff they've been watching other schools doing. 

I don't disagree with what they are protesting about, just how they are going about it. 

How would you suggest they go about it?

39 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

How would you suggest they go about it?

Stage a sit-in in their classrooms, refuse to come back in at the end of lunch, etc. Civil but peaceful disobedience. Disrupting people doing mocks, setting fire to bins, trashing the school, etc isn't helpful or likely to garner any sort of positive response. 

1 minute ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Disrupting people doing mocks, setting fire to bins, trashing the school, etc isn't helpful or likely to garner any sort of positive response. 

Do you think the suggestions you gave WILL garner a positive response?

Yes I do. If the school is smashed up and damaged and people's preparation for future exams is disrupted to that extent then I don't think many students would back it. Nor would the teachers look upon it favourably

I’ve read reports and anecdotes where teachers have been encouraging pupils to get disruptive because teachers are fed up of draconian antiquated measures being implemented and when they voice concerns about having to implement them, they fall on deaf ears. 

And kids are going to lap that shit up, granted I don’t have kids but are kids these days so bothered about behaving like lickspittles?

Its things like this that give me such hope for the future, I desperately hope kids keep this sense of injustice and protest with them throughout life. It will lead to a far better and egalitarian society. People’s first experience with politics used to be when they started an apprenticeship and joined a union. If this is a new introduction into protest and fighting for equality and equity, I’m all for it. 

33 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

The more disruption the better.

Any Tory Cunts called for bringing caning back yet?

In perpetuity. I’m seeing a bit of the “National Service but not for my kids” mentality in this. Those bemoaning how discipline and respect has gone from children today are bemoaning how badly their kids are treated at school with ridiculous rules etc. And of course, forgetting how they themselves as parents are responsible for raising their own kids. 

I know cuts and cunts have a lot to do with the state of schools today, but I think that Birbalsingh bollocks has a lot to answer for. 

My son's school has one planned tomorrow due to locking of toilets outside of interval and lunch. Told him we'll back him fully and there won't be a punishment at home.  their plan is to stage a morning sit in and refuse to go to class. If the school continue with the policy there are a number of parents ready to take action too and luckily our local authority hate that and will likely relent.