Best Christmas TV Specials

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

I've just watched the Kenny Everett Christmas Special from 1984. It's corny and clumsy but Kenny just has funny bones. He's a naturally amusing guy to watch. The jokes are obvious but it's the perfect sort of shitty Christmas TV I lapped up as a kid. Worth putting on while you wrap presents.

Warning: little bit of DLT at the very end.

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members
On 12/6/2022 at 10:54 PM, Jonny Vegas said:

How Not To Live Your Life's Christmas special

Massively underrated comedy, I don't think I've ever seen the Christmas special though. Does Don roundhouse kick Santa Claus in the dick?

On 12/6/2022 at 11:03 PM, Lorne Malvo said:

Click & Collect with Stephen Merchant and Asim Chaudhry

Forgot about this! We watched a few new Christmas movies last year and this was enjoyable. 8-Bit Christmas and Last Train to Christmas were also pretty good. 

12 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Massively underrated comedy, I don't think I've ever seen the Christmas special though. Does Don roundhouse kick Santa Claus in the dick?

Forgot about this! We watched a few new Christmas movies last year and this was enjoyable. 8-Bit Christmas and Last Train to Christmas were also pretty good. 

HNTLYL really underrated. I've seen Dan Clark doing a stand up/comedy songs show twice as well and he was brilliant.

The Christmas special is very much worth your time there's a few hilarious bits in it.

as i haden't watched a single thing related to Christmas so far last night I watched the Devil of Christmas episode of Inside Number 9 and last years Ghost Story For Christmas (the Mezzotint) I enjoyed them both but  but they didn't make me feel festive. Mrs Wiseau is at a Christmas do tonight so if i can get the kids asleep / upstairs I might go for the big guns in a desperate attempt to feel festive; i'm talking Bottom: Holy and The Signalman! if the winning combination of Denholm Elliot and Gold, Frankenstein and Grrr don't get me feeling all warm and fuzzy then i'll just cancel Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...