Austin to wrestle again?

DavidB6937

16 hours ago, Factotum said:

I liked the idea of Cena/Rock/Austin V The Bloodline. That could be some great build up as slowly its revealed who The Rock's partners are, leading to a then Rock V Roman on on one

A don't think a tag match against The Bloodline (The Usos and Solo Sikoa) is a mad suggestion - I could see Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens teaming up to face them at 'Mania, The Usos pointing out that it's 3-on-2, and then the glass smashing to reveal that this is not actually the case. 

Personally, I'd be surprised to see Austin face a big time opponent (eg. Reigns or Cena) given the pressure he puts on himself, and I'd imagine he'd be more likely to face someone who can bump around for him; either in a tag match like this one, or a singles bout. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Seen Logan Paul has put something out there about wanting Cena at Mania.

Logan Paul's knackered every ligament in his knee during his last match, so I doubt he'll be in a position to wrestle anyone at Mania.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, air_raid said:

Only if Cena does a short lived heel turn like HBK did for the Hogan match in 2005. Wrestling is best when it’s clear who we’re cheering for.

He can bring back the Doctor of Thugonomics during the build up again. 

17 hours ago, Factotum said:

Cena/Rock/Austin V The Bloodline.

Christ almighty that's some star power.  If you ran that at Wrestlemania and then had Cena turn heel on Austin you could set up Austin v Cena and Rock v Reigns at Summerslam.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Loki said:

Christ almighty that's some star power.  If you ran that at Wrestlemania and then had Cena turn heel on Austin you could set up Austin v Cena and Rock v Reigns at Summerslam.

Or just go the whole hog and find an excuse to do Rock v Austin.

10 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Logan Paul's knackered every ligament in his knee during his last match, so I doubt he'll be in a position to wrestle anyone at Mania.

The injury was nowhere near as severe as first reported apparently.

He was training in the gym a few days later like nothing had happened.

Cena vs Logan at Wrestlemania in Hollywood would be right up WWE's Street.

Edited by The King of Old School

58 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

He was training in the gym a few days later like nothing had happened.

He's doing his pre-op training isn't he? This is how these surgeries are done nowadays, they rebuild the MCL/ACL as much in the gym first and then do the operation.  

Edited by Loki

• 2 weeks later...

Punk v Austin would give that whiny little prick Punk his main event at Mania and he's still good enough to bump around for Austin.

It would be money with Austin V a broom stick, but Punk would definitely add value, and he's a great natural heel. 

They should bring him back working an entitled miserable never-happy always everyone else's fault gimmick.

3 hours ago, IronSheik said:

Punk v Austin would give that whiny little prick Punk his main event at Mania and he's still good enough to bump around for Austin.

It would be money with Austin V a broom stick, but Punk would definitely add value, and he's a great natural heel. 

They should bring him back working an entitled miserable never-happy always everyone else's fault gimmick.

He wouldn't go for it now though I reckon. He probably feels like the victim completely and would want the grand, Cody style baby-face return. 

I could see then dangling a match with Austin out there for CM Punk. If they're arsed about him coming back, which they shouldn't be.

Zayn could do it if they're going for Rock and Reigns at WrestleMania. 

Cena is the obvious safest option. They can have a good match without any bumping.

Although I don't think Austin and Brock is a ridiculous suggestion. Austin took more bumps than anyone was expecting in his last match, Heyman would probably put the match together, and Brock's intelligent enough to know not to drop Austin on his head. They could easily go 5 mins, have Brock put Austin in an arm bar, tease an F5, Austin slides off and stuns him. There's no need for German suplexes.