Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

2) He's had a third of a really good season. That's it. Before that he hadn't done anything of any note. The money being bandied around him is mental.

Agreed but unfortunately the market has been inflated by clubs spending massive on young talent recently. Anthony for 90 odd million being an utterly ridiculous deal.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Factotum said:

Agreed but unfortunately the market has been inflated by clubs spending massive on young talent recently. Anthony for 90 odd million being an utterly ridiculous deal.

I don't disagree we overpaid for him but he had three excellent seasons behind him and a solid start to his international career.

Got a text from Butch telling me that the biggest game of the season, Cov v Wrexham is live on S4C this Saturday. The forum’s favourite team against the Hollywood sugar daddies. *Plays Big Time by Peter Gabriel*

On 1/1/2023 at 4:14 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

It’s alright, you’ve got us on Wednesday and unless James McArthur is resurrected from the dead, you’ll turn us over in 2nd gear.

spacer.png

Can we play you every week? That was fun, even Matt Doherty scored.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Can we play you every week? That was fun, even Matt Doherty scored.

Can I just shock you? I like football. Despite what I said earlier (in the week).

• Paid Members

Sick of Conte’s bullshit over recent weeks, his heart’s not in it, the football is shit and he’s the type that will always want more money to spend on ready made players with no-sell on value. I.e the polar opposite of how things work at Spurs.

Was all set for a Poch return by the end of the month, only for the twat to go on and do that….

Edited by garynysmon

13 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't disagree we overpaid for him but he had three excellent seasons behind him and a solid start to his international career.

Oh agree, but I think this is now seen as the standard. Same with Sancho and a host of other young talent going for huge money. Throw Chelsea being utterly insane and trying to outbid everyone, the market for these players is going to be ridiculous for a while.

• Paid Members
On 1/4/2023 at 5:21 PM, Factotum said:

Ha, Shakhtar are literally using the Antony deal as an excuse for their valuation! As reported by the tap-in merchant himself. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Terrible news about Luca Vialli. A great footballer in his day and always seemed like such a gentleman. First person I remember taking on a player-manager role. 

Glenn Hoddle was the first I knew of (Chelsea had a habit of employing them for a bit it seemed).

RIP, brilliant footballer and part of that magnificent Sampdoria side during the 90s. Seemed like a nice guy too.

Edited by PunkStep