Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Steve Bruce to Naarch? It’s like being a cabinet minister isn’t it? Doesn’t matter how shite you’ve been there’s always a job for you. As long as they keep their six fingered webbed hands away from Mark Robins I’m happy. 

Bruce would be another PR disaster the club simply couldn't afford to gamble on at the minute - despite his often forgotten stint as a player with us, it would be met with universal disapproval and he'd be gone before the end of the season. 

I think you'll be safe with Mark Robins - a pick I'd very much welcome with my own open arms and webbed palms. Another club legend, but I think Norwich are looking at the unemployed market to avoid forking out additional compensation fees to clubs with managers already in post. 

@BriefcaseFunnily enough Scott Parker also played for us once in a short-lived loan spell. Personally it's a no from me - the track record is there in getting teams up, but our squad isn't up to the same standard that he had at his disposal at Fulham and Bournemouth, and he wouldn't be backed financially either, certainly not to the same levels. On the off chance he got us promoted, he wouldn't keep them in the Prem. We'd lose to one of the big four and he'd moan about Delia not backing him. 

Russell Martin has been heavily rumoured for a few months because of his long Norwich stint. I think he's got the makings of a good manager but it wouldn't be an appointment I'd want. He's a smashing bloke and represented the club fantastically in his time, but I couldn't live with him doing another set of apology interviews after every game and the cliches about the dressing room hurting, we'll do better, etc etc. Not for me, Clive. 

Sean Dyche has been hanging on for a Prem job now for a good while and it hasn't come to pass. I think he'd potentially go for the Forest job if Cooper ever got the boot because of his connections there. But if Cooper continues to hang on, maybe he'll bite at the chance to take on a longer-term Championship project. 

Give it to Mike Walker until the end of the season. Or get Lambert back in and get Holty on the coaching staff. Lovely. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter
Webbed fingers causing typos so got my mother/sister to re-type for me

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Browser Brady said:

So what goal poachers are there available at the moment that potentially could sign for United , even on loan ?

Heard that Ronaldo's available.

• Paid Members
On 10/28/2022 at 8:56 PM, CleetusVanDamme said:

If I can do the same skill it doesn't really count as being a great entertainer. Especially against Moldovan opposition. Pull off a La Gravesinha in a competitive league, then you can call yourself an "artist".

tJYdj2I.gif

In a weekend where some try to pay tribute to Pele, Jose Sa did El Ogro de Shrek proud. A textbook La Gravesinha, in his own box! Rest In Piece, Antony.

The day they put this skill in Fifa is the day I'll start learning how to fuck about with the right stick.

• Paid Members
On 12/29/2022 at 2:40 PM, Briefcase said:

Can see Scott Parker getting the Norwich job.

He's joined Brugge -

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Look, my MH is in the bin at the moment so don't be making false promises that won't be kept please. PLEASE!!! 

morgan freeman quote GIF

There's only so far a team relying on Jordan Pickford B and Granit Xhaka can go.

• Paid Members

Granit Xhaka is outstanding, even Garth Crooks has resorted to admitting that (in the form of backhanded compliments).

Martin Odegaard however, is even more outstanding. £34m for a player of his ilk is great business.