Things that cheer you up

Carbomb

• Paid Members
On 8/13/2024 at 8:18 PM, Harry Wiseau said:

TIL George Carlin voiced Thomas the Tank Engine, I've only ever heard Ringo and your man from Boys From the Blackstuff. Mind blown!

Alec Baldwin and Pearce Brosnan as well for a time in the US where it was known as Shining Time Station. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

Alec Baldwin and Pearce Brosnan as well for a time in the US where it was known as Shining Time Station. 

You've Chili-ed Chili!

On 8/13/2024 at 9:44 PM, Chili said:

Yesss, thank you for reminding me of this. He narrated the first few series of Thomas in America, where it was oddly packaged into another show under the title Shining Time Station.

I was more mind blown to know Carlin's replacements included Alec Baldwin & Pierce Brosnan.

As some of you may know I do the Inside Oz Podcast.

It always cheers me up when actors from the show either work together again or just randomly bump into eachother. Theres always been a great camaraderie amongst the cast, as seen here between JK Simmons and Adewale Akinnyoye-Agbaje, who reunited for the new film The Union

G7LPHhv.jpeg

Edited by WyattSheepMask

4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

As some of you may know I do the Inside Oz Podcast.

It always cheers me up when actors from the show either work together again or just randomly bump into eachother. Theres always been a great camaraderie amongst the cast, as seen here between JK Simmons and Adewale Akinnyoye-Agbaje, who reunited for the new film The Union

G7LPHhv.jpeg

I zipped through one of those "Actor comments on their biggest roles" videos with JK Simmons yesterday. Very obviously was trying to work with a new set of dentures in. He comes across as a really terrific guy. Apparently he and Eamonn Walker had an ongoing debate over whether baseball or cricket was better. Enjoyed playing Schillinger, but did worry it would typecast him for life and had just as many people coming up to him in the street praising the views his character extolled ("Just a role, man, just a role!") as he did people who were terrified of him.

• Paid Members

Can confirm it was a great experience overall. Scores on the doors.

Sitability: 7/10 - while only plastic, it felt really soft.
Size: 8/10 - could fit all but the biggest arses this. Really good width on the seat.
Noise: 10/10 - the sound of silence - Simon and Garfunkel would be proud.

I get the feeling this will be excellent in winter. The plastic felt nice and warm so the first shit of the morning come December is going to be a pleasant experience despite the radiator being on the other side of the bathroom. The real test will be if it holds up in place when the last one failed miserably.

Overall - 8/10

23 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Only if someone broke in at 5 this morning with the sole purpose of sitting on my toilet seat.

Maybe that's not all they did? If your toothbrush was similarly warm this morning I'd get a new one...