AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

I would like to think that people wouldn't be that tactless. I also think a majority of the roster would call them out on working their ticket in that fashion. Just look at the videos they've put out for Suicide Prevention Month/Week.

On the Buddy front. All he had said on it was that promo. Cue the constant speculation from all corners. His only reaction so far.

If WWE still have 90 day releases as standard in their contract. I think anyone would be daft to burn a bridge in AEW. Go back to WWE on a 4-5 year deal. You might not see that out.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

The cynical part of me is thinking "mental health" might be code for "I want to go back to WWE now Papa H is back in charge but Tony won't let me".

Because it’s wrestling you can’t rule it out, but it would be an incredibly crass thing to do. The gaffer does a really decent thing and could think twice about doing it again if that’s the case. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Because it’s wrestling you can’t rule it out, but it would be an incredibly crass thing to do. The gaffer does a really decent thing and could think twice about doing it again if that’s the case. 

Wrestlers tend to think selfishly and don’t care too much re who follows them so I don’t think it can be ruled out completely. The wrestling cynic in me sees two guys wanting permission from the teacher to go to the toilet at the same time as they mate. wrestlers are weird,  They will fuck anyone over if it gets them what they want. for a charisma vacuum like Murphy you’d want to hang on to guaranteed contract length than risk another 90 day letter from the Fed in the next few years surely. 

• Paid Members

Finally watched Sarayas debut properly and it reminded me of one of my pet hates in modern wrestling - new name debuts, heels scatter so name can parade around. In the context of fake fighting, it makes no sense. It used to make sense when it was a fresh monster like Sid or Taker running off a few knackered heels, or Sting wielding a baseball bat. But in no way should Baker, Hayter and Serena have been intimidated by one woman walking to the ring. They should logically have just stood there and if she wants to start a fight, let her.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Finally watched Sarayas debut properly and it reminded me of one of my pet hates in modern wrestling - new name debuts, heels scatter so name can parade around. In the context of fake fighting, it makes no sense. It used to make sense when it was a fresh monster like Sid or Taker running off a few knackered heels, or Sting wielding a baseball bat. But in no way should Baker, Hayter and Serena have been intimidated by one woman walking to the ring. They should logically have just stood there and if she wants to start a fight, let her.

I see it as 'this is a surprise and we're too stunned by this new information to react, so let's process and figure out what to do about it later, also my nose just exploded and it's beginning to hurt enough to not want to fight someone fresh'.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I see it as 'this is a surprise and we're too stunned by this new information to react, so let's process and figure out what to do about it later, also my nose just exploded and it's beginning to hurt enough to not want to fight someone fresh'.

Before her nose got fucked they’re still booked to jump out of the ring like plums. I know it’s not like heels are supposed to be heroic but… 3 on 1? Come on. Struts in to declare “this is my house” …. if I’ve got two mates with me I fancy my chances against one enemy regardless of who’s house it is.