AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

I get some reservations over Danielson winning the title like this, but it's not like he's been planned to be the champion at any real point. If they don't do it now it may never happen.

The pathway of beating some of the big names that he's put over also works: Hangman, Jericho, and Moxley.

Even if it ends up being a couple of months with the belt. You know he's going to pack in some defenses and eliminators to keep things interesting. If MJF sends his thugs along it'd be like going through the Dark Order. This time with the right face/heel dynamic to make it more enjoyable.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

They still have loads of tickets to shift for that event.

The buildings capacity is 19,000 and they've sold 18,000 already so it seems like they've done alright. They'll probably sell the remaining tickets off in the days before the show on the cheap. I've heard of people getting nosebleed tickets for AEW PPVs for $10 in the days before the event.

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

The buildings capacity is 19,000 and they've sold 18,000 already so it seems like they've done alright. They'll probably sell the remaining tickets off in the days before the show on the cheap. I've heard of people getting nosebleed tickets for AEW PPVs for $10 in the days before the event.

Not a chance they have sold 18k tickets for this. They only just about broke 10k a few weeks ago according to WrestleTix on twitter.

• Paid Members

Feels to me like the final shouldn't be FOR the title, but the winner goes on to face MJF for the title. Think its a given that MJF will be winning his shot and doesnt feel right holding off on that shot for too long (never mind storyline sense), so whomever wins the title, is pretty much guaranteed to have a short reign. Mox could do without ANOTHER short reign, but Mox is the man to beat. 

AEW haven't given me too many reasons not to trust the process, but we are getting into the realms of short or multiple reigns which is something that AEW prided themselves on not doing, granted, Injuries / Suspensions / Interim titles have changed that. This also goes to show that too many tourneys or interim titles mean that it means a lot less when its actually needed. 

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Nick James said:

AEW haven't given me too many reasons not to trust the process, but we are getting into the realms of short or multiple reigns which is something that AEW prided themselves on not doing, granted, Injuries / Suspensions / Interim titles have changed that. This also goes to show that too many tourneys or interim titles mean that it means a lot less when its actually needed. 

Tony Khan said when AEW started that he had the first four Champions already planned out. The natural story of Jericho-mox-Omega-Hangman worked pretty perfectly. I'm assuming he probably had at least some direction in mind before everything went to shit (probably involving Punk dropping it to MJF and then MJF dropping it to the next babyface on the rise). I think Mox' did enough great work during his Interim reign that he kept the title stock extremely high but it definitely feels like it's lost some value due to all the post All Out shenanigans. I think a long MJF heel run is probably the best solution to restore value to the title. 

I feel Danielson (c) v. MJF is the best way to go for Full Gear. We all know MJF can actually wrestle and the match will play into the bizarro universe heel/face dynamic in NJ. MJF wins with a small package and the place will go ballistic.

MJF won't wrestle much as usual but could see at least MJF v. Garcia in the build up.

Don't know how connected MJF will be to Stokely's crew, but Danielson with a defense against Ethan Page in Canada. Maybe matches with Moriarty & Morrissey. Plus whatever else they sprinkle in during the couple of months build.

MJF is back and no sign of speirs….FTR and Wardlow still dropping Pinnacle references. Think we will see another masked men mass attack and it’s them instead of Stokleys crew  

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Feels to me like the final shouldn't be FOR the title, but the winner goes on to face MJF for the title. Think its a given that MJF will be winning his shot and doesnt feel right holding off on that shot for too long (never mind storyline sense), so whomever wins the title, is pretty much guaranteed to have a short reign. Mox could do without ANOTHER short reign, but Mox is the man to beat.

I think it's cos working with MJF works best working a programme with someone, if they hotshot his big title match they're basically losing 80% of his value (he's a real good wrestler obv but 3 months of entertainment > 30 minutes of entertaiment)
Either you put of crowning a champion til the next show but do the tournament in the first 2 weeks or you crown a champion in 2 weeks then have 3 months to build with MJF which means you get multiple segments/promos/bits out of the whole thing and thus lots of hopefully quality TV time

I'd quite like to see them give Danielson a 6 month run. Reestablish the worth of the belt, have people used to seeing Danielson with it before losing it.  Have some dream matchy main event at the next PPV (if it turns out that a certain end of the greek alphabet wrestler shouldn't be fired or punished severly that's a money match that'll redraw interest) with MJF crowing about how his time is coming in the background then build towards Danielson/MJF at the next show.

(Then start sowing seeds for Kingson getting back in the title scene)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

I think a long MJF heel run is probably the best solution to restore value to the title. 

I admit, I haven't followed the product religiously but from what I saw of the last PPV.... is MJF still a heel now?

Mox wins the tournament. MJF cashes in the chip and beats Mox to leave Arthur Ashe as champ. 

This is obviously what's happening. Use a WWE booking trope to book your no. 1 heel who is, doing a "I could go to WWE in 2024" gimmick to win the World Title 

And it sucks 

Why? Because in kayfabe AEW Tony Khan is the matchmaker and he's sanctioned this. It means that TK is in cahoots with MJF even if he doesn't mean to. 

Even if they do the TK is giving MJF power to cash in the chip because he was desperate to get MJF back. In storyline, Tony comes across is having worse man-management skills than Olivia Wilde did on the set of Don't Worry Darling. 

It's a bad idea. 

4 hours ago, Nick James said:

People weren’t happy with a two week tournament, don’t think one that goes any longer would go down well at all.