AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Just now, WeeAl said:

I don't know. I'm sure these types of contracts have some form of severance built into them, be it the old WWE style (90 day paid, no compete) or something else. If you tell Punk you'll double his payoff in order to drop the belt on his way out the door, I'd think he would do it.

The man is well off, but we also know he burned through a tonne of money suing the WWE, and now has way fewer bargaining chips than he did before. 

He's a idiot for doing what he's done. If he's fired from AEW, he's never wrestling again lol

55 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

The Acclaimed demanding a re-match, FTR doing something, anything, important - away from Jay Lethal.

I really hope they can somehow do FTR taking the belts from Swerve/Lee, a subsequent Swerve/Lee feud that elevates both of them as a upper/top level heel & face and have Acclaimed finally take the titles from FTR (after a decent run) in a massive moment (including props from FTR at the end) without losing the Acclaimed's momentum.

• Paid Members

Wasnt sure where to put this, but it seems Malakai Black has been given his conditional release, potentially. No idea what the conditional part is, you would presume it's a possible no compete, or a promise to not sign for WWE.

• Paid Members

His career in both WWE and AEW never really hit the heights it should've, really. His early NXT run was fantastic but they didn't really know what to do with him on the main roster, and in AEW he disappeared into that boring-arse rambling Bray Wyatt nonsense that hardly ever meshes well with pro wrestling. It's a shame as if that early NXT run was any indication, he could've been a massive asset for either company.

Hope he's doing well, but yeah it's another squandered career in the big leagues so far. Sometimes a guy having a brilliant mind because he dug the True Blood title sequence or listens to Burzum records or whatever doesn't make up for the fact that you've still got to - y'know - write compelling angles and meaningful feuds for them. Black and Wyatt are definitely bedfellows in that regard. 

• Paid Members

Won't miss Malakai Black. You know what's boring and never works for long in wrestling? Being spooky.
Even Undertaker shifted his gimmick around every couple of years, but it feels like Malakai Black has been misting people forever now and some of them it changes and some it doesn't and it makes no bloody sense. It took so long for Julia Hart to join them it was ice cold and then he left almost immediately. Now we're stuck with Buddy Murphy. 

If I was Tony Khan tonight I'd be opening Dynamite with news that Punk, The Elite, etc are suspended, their titles are vacant and we'll have title matches tonight to get new champions. No more tournaments, just fan favourites in title matches. MJF vs Mox, Dark Order vs Best Friends.

43 minutes ago, Louch said:

If it’s on screen leave it to Tony S to do

The majority of the time there's a Tony Khan announcement it is Tony S that ends up doing the talking.

Seems an easy fix of having Tony in the ring to make the announcement that due to injury CM Punk has had to vacate the World Title. MJF's music hits and go from there. That's who everyone will be tuning in to see.