AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

I fucking loved this week.

I feel like if the episode has some weird special name to it then generally they deliver the goods while if it's a normal episode they struggle a bit. But there seems to be a bazillion special episodes recently so that has good/bad sides to it..

So yeah. I could definitely criticise their long term decisions on the show but actually I just really fucking enjoyed it and much like WWE the last few episodes, it's just nice to have enjoyable and exciting wrestling to watch.

1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Oh, as much as I love seeing the 80s coke fuelled style promos from Baby Bulldog, Anna Jay trying to one up him and just going mental on random people is one of my strangest bits of enjoyment right now. Sure, she's not the best actor, but the enthusiasm just keeps me on board.

The BTE acting school will not produce any oscar winners. The best thing about Anna being part of the JAS is the "live" interview environment and the chance of her corpsing.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I was similarly confused. I knew about Daivari because of the vignette that appeared a few weeks ago on (I think) Rampage, but I’ve no idea what the other guys have to do with him, or, in the case of ‘Slim J’, who he even is.

It's the latest attempt at living out the rich kid manager type role that TK probably wishes he could play himself (HFO, Lio Rush). Slim J was a random ROH undercarder in the early days. Parker Bordreaux is the former NXT Harland. Most of their stuff has been in the confines of Dark. Just feels like the latest undercard heel faction to be occasionally squished on TV.

If it didn't come across in the interview. Daivari is now a rich kid after getting his hands on his trust fund. Parker and Slim J are the first of his recruits. They've also just done something with Sonny Kiss on Dark which is leading into the match on Rampage. Which tells you the level they're operating at.

5 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Jesus, man. Give it a rest. You utterly dismiss all nuanced critiques of AEW (and specifically Tony Khan), presumably because you don't like reading them. It's great that you like the show - and I genuinely mean that - but don't be so salty about other people not always feeling the same way you do.

I do not at all. I’ve barely posted in the TK thread, because a lot of what’s said in there I have nothing to add to.

But to say he’s not a great booker, while then coming in a few days later saying what a great show this week’s Dynamite was, which will have been booked by TK, is a nuanced contradiction. If you don’t like it being pointed out, stop contradicting yourself 

12 minutes ago, Matthew said:

But to say he’s not a great booker, while then coming in a few days later saying what a great show this week’s Dynamite was, which will have been booked by TK, is a nuanced contradiction. If you don’t like it being pointed out, stop contradicting yourself 

David Baddiel is an awful comedian. The M Khan Is Bent routine is brilliant. Both of these statements are true in my opinion and don’t contradict each other. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

I wonder if the dark order get squashed in the first round, and then give hangman permission to be the bucks partner. Depends on the order of the matches I suppose.

That's what I'm thinking. Either that or the Bucks reluctantly pick Brandon, he gets taken out by Cole, O'Reilly and Fish, and Hangman runs into save the Bucks from getting their heads kicked in in a handicap match.

As much as I love the friendship between Hangman and the Dark Order, Him spending the tournament as their manager would be a total waste. I'd much rather see him feeling bad about breaking his word to his friends and having to destroy their dreams. Nobody in wrestling does angst like Adam Page.

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

I do not at all. I’ve barely posted in the TK thread, because a lot of what’s said in there I have nothing to add to.

He's not a great booker, but he can book a great show, the two are not the same.

Edit: @Keith Houchensaid it better and insulted David baddiel.....

Edited by poetofthedeed