AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

What is MJF referring to in his promo when we says he was scrolling on Instagram and saw a photo of Punk shaking hands with Danielson? What's the relevance there? Is it just that it served as a reminder to him of how good Punk was and how much he idolised him back at that time? Or is he referring to some big historical event that someone who hasn't watched wrestling for 10 years wouldn't know about?

• Paid Members

I'm probably completely wrong in what he is referring to, but when Danielson was rumoured to have signed, didn't Punk put a teaser on his Instagram story of a handshake, that turned out to be a picture of Punk and Danielson shaking hands in ROH?

image.png.e34556d38732e03985a8e63c623bf8d2.png

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, JimmyAnderson said:

Is that poster giving us a hint that by then Thunder Rosa will be women's champ and not Britt or am I just looking too much into it?

More likely that they wanted a Hispanic star on the poster for an LA show.

It does say something that with a poster with 16 faces on it they could only manage 2 women.

Edited by Duke

37 minutes ago, Duke said:

It does say something that with a poster with 16 faces on it they could only manage 2 women.

As much as AEW is doing right at the moment, it's only a matter of time before people start calling this out more widely. It's only a matter of time before someone sets up a social media campaign calling for them to do better (...that Tony Khan responds to with an ill-judged tweet)

Turns out there might have actually been a release from AEW. It's just a wait, what? He was still signed there?

In an earlier tweet that has since been deleted he posted this:

That’s news to me! I guess having @TonyKhan telling me to go film Young Rock Season 2, & my job will be waiting for me when I’m done, didn’t mean much

It's hard to disagree. The only memorable Andrade moments in AEW have been for the misfirings.

Debuts but with Vickie Guerrero as manager. Does nothing for months.

Gets into a feud with PAC, only to be sidetracked by PAC's travel issues

Then the merger and switching of feuds between Andrade & Malakai v. PAC & Cody.

Now into the AHFO.

Yeah, outside of those 2 PAC matches Andrade has been a complete bust in AEW so far. Hopefully he has a Miro moment and manages to turn it around.

Aa for Chavo, I figured he was just on a short term/per appearance deal and that had run it’s course

Edited by WyattSheepMask

On 3/1/2022 at 7:49 AM, Duke said:

I don't think it's that surprising that they've packed in as many famous faces on a poster for a new market and big arena show.

It's a bit more telling that they're only rotating through Britt, Jade, and Thunder on all their posters at the moment.

• Paid Members
Just now, Infinity Land said:

I don't think it's that surprising that they've packed in as many famous faces on a poster for a new market and big arena show.

It's a bit more telling that they're only rotating through Britt, Jade, and Thunder on all their posters at the moment.

But that's my point. It's not that they went "ugh, no one wants to see women on a poster, they'll think we're All...extremely...womanly or something" it's that their women's division is in such a bad spot that putting all their biggest stars on only counts two women, and there's only really a third that could go on there. It's a statement about their women's division, not their art department 

1 hour ago, Duke said:

But that's my point. It's not that they went "ugh, no one wants to see women on a poster, they'll think we're All...extremely...womanly or something" it's that their women's division is in such a bad spot that putting all their biggest stars on only counts two women, and there's only really a third that could go on there. It's a statement about their women's division, not their art department 

I dunno what you expect, the shows to be 50/50 male and female matches? The split of men and women in wrestling must be roughly 80/20. So the number of top wrestlers would be the same, for every 2 good women you have 8 good men. I think the “womens division is terrible” stick is being Clung onto for reasons to beat aew up for, than it being a proper reason to have a go.
They have 2 singles champions, rivalries that take place away from title picture, they haven’t done any humiliating/ degrading angles, they are all treated as true wrestlers. I dunno what those still going after that division expect?

Just watching the Eddie/Jericho promo segment from last week.

Really enjoyed it. Loved Jericho’s full circle dig of winning “the big one” from when he was told that he’d never win “the big one” himself back in 2001. Nice little throwback.