Loki Posted March 9, 2024 Posted March 9, 2024 Torn on this. On the one hand, there’s a thirty year age gap and it’s unrealistic to expect Tyson to be competitive. On the other hand Not sure I’d want to get in there with that! Quote
David Posted March 9, 2024 Posted March 9, 2024 One thing to always remember is that the pads don't hit back. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2024 I mean, I love both fighters but surely everyone would rather seem fight MMA? Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 13, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted March 13, 2024 Maybe they're trying to do a rivalry across all combat sports - they've fought MMA, so now they're doing boxing. Maybe they'll do BKMMA in Gamebred after that, then a BJJ grappling match, then a BK boxing match. Best of five. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2024 Also might be a case where Masvidal isn’t free to fight MMA anywhere else. Not sure what his contract status was with the UFC when he ‘retired’ but he might still technically owe them fights if he wants to do MMA again. No interest in it myself. Quote
David Posted March 13, 2024 Posted March 13, 2024 5 hours ago, Egg Shen said: I mean, I love both fighters but surely everyone would rather seem fight MMA? Fight each other in MMA? Not really. Their last fight was MMA, and overhyped and overrated Diaz got his ass "pieced up." Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2024 So you'd rather see them have a low level boxing match? Or none of the above Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 14, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted March 14, 2024 Maybe they should just skip all that and do a smoke-and-mirrors tag wrestling match. They're both OK talkers, so it could be fun. Quote
David Posted March 14, 2024 Posted March 14, 2024 7 hours ago, Egg Shen said: So you'd rather see them have a low level boxing match? Or none of the above I'd rather not see either of them ever again, really. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 14, 2024 File under none of the above then Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted April 30, 2024 Posted April 30, 2024 Paul v Tyson is now an officially sanctioned fight... Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 15, 2024 Yeah, on the Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul card. Gonna be a mess but I can’t pretend I won’t tune in. Presuming it’s airing through standard Netflix and there won’t be some extra PPV charge. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.