Braaaaaaauuuuuuun!

tiger_rick

Good. Decreases the chances of him stinking up AEW. Quite happy for the likes of him and Ziggler to be languishing on WWE TV ad infinitum - a safe space I know I don't have to watch.

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Good. Decreases the chances of him stinking up AEW. Quite happy for the likes of him and Ziggler to be languishing on WWE TV ad infinitum - a safe space I know I don't have to watch.

For whatever reason some people had Braun as a "WWE or bust" guy which is why it was rumored from day 1 of his release that WWE would bring him back.

Never got the impression that he was actually on AEW's radar 

• Paid Members

Trot him out after Summerslam to feud with Reigns after Cena's gone? Feed him to Lashley?

3 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

For whatever reason some people had Braun as a "WWE or bust" guy which is why it was rumored from day 1 of his release that WWE would bring him back.

Never got the impression that he was actually on AEW's radar 

Mark Henry claimed that there was interest from AEW.

I genuinely would be interested to see what Strowman could achieve outside of the WWE bubble. Vince McMahon seems to prefer his big men to wrestle in the same, plodding style. Even with that, Braun had some unexpectedly good matches in WWE, and I’d like to see if he could step it up a little in a company like AEW. 

However, the space on that roster is limited, and when there are prospects like The Acclaimed, Pillman and Garrison, Jade Cargill, Red Velvet, Tay Conti, John Silver and others competing for TV time, you have to ask if there’s any real value in signing him, when there are so many other interesting options for featured TV spots already on the roster.

As for a WWE return, it feels like there’s very little more for him to do there, but the same could be said for Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, Charlotte and almost every other member of that terminally stale roster. So he fits in with his peers, at least.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

He's a big tart if he goes back on half the money he was on. Do the indies for a year, get over everywhere and go back on your own terms. But crawling back on way less money after they sacked you? You can guarantee all those agents will be out to get him for being a big fanny.

Much less incentive for them to make a star of him when they don't have to get a return on their investment, too.