• Paid Members

Honestly though, the mountain biking was incredible on that final lap. Back and forth about 5 times and then they nearly crashed. Shame the commentary was so shit at indicating how long was left on that last lap, and they missed the final pass. Really enjoyed it though, best event I've seen so far.

• Paid Members

Pidcock has some engine on him and his ability to win big races is second to none. To come back from having Covid a couple of weeks ago and having to miss the Tour to today is a remarkable effort. Cyclists are a different breed. 

• Paid Members

So Britain have won a gold in the shooting. Them clay pigeons took one hell of a beating from Nathan Hales who barely missed a shot. 

What surprises me is that the Americans were nowhere. All those guns you'd think they'd piss it. 

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

So Britain have won a gold in the shooting. Them clay pigeons took one hell of a beating from Nathan Hales who barely missed a shot. 

What surprises me is that the Americans were nowhere. All those guns you'd think they'd piss it. 

The surprising revelation, though it does explain certain things when it comes to high profile shooting incidents, is that when it comes to shooting they've been barely registering in any of the disciplines.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I'll never get bored of the way Becky Adlington and Mark Foster look at Claire Balding when she's drivelling on talking absolute shite about a sport she knows nothing about. Patience of saints.

Andy Murray saving just the two match points in his latest career threatening match this time. It's all shaping up for Rafael Nadal to give him the "I'm sorry, I love you" moment.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Members
16 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I've been watching the BBC's nightly highlights show and Mark Chapman is incredibly shit.

I haven't seen any of him but this is surprising as I think he's one of the best presenters out there.

• Paid Members

I like Mark Chapman, too.

Alex Yee coming from about a mile behind to win the triathlon gold after drinking several pints of Seine water is a feat of superheroism. Loving these Olympics so far and the track and field hasn't even started yet.

Great morning so far 

2 thrilling comebacks for Gold for GB, Yee looked down and out and seemingly nailed on for Silver or even Bronze as the French guys behind looked poised to strike then out of nowhere he just turned on the Jets and took Gold

About 15 mins the Women's Quad In the rowing had an even more thrilling close finish, literally only taking the lesd for the 1st time on the final stroke, it went to photo finish but was clear from the TV pictures I thought we had won it.

2 golds and 2 Bronzes so far today

It will be Interesting to see how many/if any get sick now after the triathlon with the mixed relay still to go in a couple of days will some teams be hampered if athletes can't compete and could get a bit messy if the IOC pushed for it to go ahead when I can't imagine it was any safer today then it was yesterday (though tbf it did sound like a lot of competitors were happy to just go ahead either way)