The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Banned for making me go in a football thread. (And the abusive behaviour and being a obvious returner and all...)

We call that a straight red 'round these parts. 

21 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

The major alarm bell over appointing Steven Gerrard for me is that he'd drop your club at any sign of a phone call from Anfield.

To be honest, he's going to have to prove himself in the Premier League before he has any chance of that phone call, so he may be what Villa need for a few years.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Showing my age now, but I've always considered Villa to be the powerhouse of the midands tbh. I may be misguided but forever think of them as a huge club.

They are a big club. I'm not belittling them at all. But we have several mega-clubs these days, Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Wrexham and no-one is turning them down.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Showing my age now, but I've always considered Villa to be the powerhouse of the midands tbh

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

But we have several mega-clubs these days, Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Wrexham and no-one is turning them down

There's a plod in the black country clenching his fists at the disrespect you're both showing to the 3rd biggest club in the world. 

Fair play to Steven Gerrard. Could’ve stayed at Rangers, challenged for trophies and managed in Europe but chose the tougher option of trying to keep Villa in the Premier League. Liverpool will also get a better idea of whether he’s capable of managing in the English Premier League.

• Paid Members

The whole Liverpool thing is over-played. If he was just waiting around for that job, he'd have stayed at Rangers. This is a massive gamble because it will make or break his reputation. He wouldn't take that gamble if he was just Liverpool manager in waiting.