The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I'd happily forego the North London Derby if it meant Arsenal were relegated to the Southern League Premier South.

11 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Absolutely not far enough. Liquidate the entire club out of existence. 

For me, Arsenal I want to take 6 points off every year. Chelsea I want relegated to division 12 of the Sunday paperboys league.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

For me, Arsenal I want to take 6 points off every year. Chelsea I want relegated to division 12 of the Sunday paperboys league.

How about being tied up in owner/government games of chicken that may well lead to the remaining buyers deciding they've had enough of this crap and pulling out, possibly leading to the whole club being liquidated? Would you take that?

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Duke said:

How about being tied up in owner/government games of chicken that may well lead to the remaining buyers deciding they've had enough of this crap and pulling out, possibly leading to the whole club being liquidated? Would you take that?

In a heartbeat. 

• Paid Members
On 6/21/2021 at 3:27 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

I hope they sign him because City with Haaland instead doesn't bear thinking about.

Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

Erling Haaland: Manchester City agree to sign Norway striker from Borussia Dortmund for ÂŁ51.2m - BBC Sport

Well, we've known for a while now this was going to happen but this has got to be the biggest signing for a Premier League side since...well ever? Obviously I'm not talking about in retrospect. 

I'm going to refer to him as the Norwegian Andy Caroll in the hope that he flops. In all seriousness, I wonder whether playing with a traditional striker will hinder City's attacking output? Sounds mad, but their 'play with 6 midfielders' has worked wonders for them.

Wonder how he’ll handle being converted in to a left winger or whatever mad bollocks plucky Pep decides to try with the big BN biscuit headed bastard. Wankers.

I reckon Pogba was  just as big a signing. Hopefully turns out as well as he has.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

I reckon Pogba was  just as big a signing. Hopefully turns out as well as he has.

He's definitely the closest I can think of, but this is a 21yo striker that alongside Mbappe is being talked of as the biggest star in the sport, now the other two on the wane. These kind of signings are reserved for the big two Spanish clubs, PSG or the Italian clubs back in the day.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Well, we've known for a while now this was going to happen but this has got to be the biggest signing for a Premier League side since...well ever? Obviously I'm not talking about in retrospect.

13 hours ago, PunkStep said:

He's definitely the closest I can think of, but this is a 21yo striker that alongside Mbappe is being talked of as the biggest star in the sport, now the other two on the wane. These kind of signings are reserved for the big two Spanish clubs, PSG or the Italian clubs back in the day.

I was thinking about this the other day and how rare it is that the top players, the absolute world-renowned best, ever come to England. If they get to that level, it’s usually because they arrived as a B+ or youngster and got to that level then left - Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, Countinho, Courtois, Modric if we count him (although a couple of years passed between Spurs and winning the Balon d’Or, I guess). Robinho HAD been a huge deal when City bought him, was it fair to say Shevchenko was still at the peak of his powers when he went to Chelsea and turned shit? Otherwise I usually think of the Premier League attracting players at the level of “Spurs gamble on injury-prone Van der Vaart/Has Falcao still got it/is this guy Aguero as good as his reputation” - the slightly too late or the on the way up, never the players thought to be among the worlds best right now. Di Maria to United was another one, looks awesome on FM but was he really still at that level? I thought Chelsea were getting Lukaku back at his best but that didn’t work out, and I’m not sure if anyone puts him in that bracket either.

This is definitely the first time in ages a player that could command a start absolutely ANYWHERE (e.g. Barcelona and Real both wanted him) has come to the Premier League.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

It's not fair. All the Norwegians are meant to support Liverpool.

Pep's statement that everyone else supports Liverpool made me howl with laughter. As a Spurs fan, there's no real rivalry to speak of, but I despise them. Gobshites.