The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I always thought Pompey were heading into the Conference. Luckily everything steadied.

Seems like a few last day games with relegation at stake in League 2 get abandoned recent years.

Any TV coverage for the Conference?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

This season has been spectacularly brutal by Blackburn Rovers to their fans. Start shit. Then set a new home record by losing 7-0 to Fulham at home. Even hardcore fans have had enough and start not turning up. So Rovers go on a mental unbeaten winning streak and are up to to 2nd after New Year. Looking like they might get back to the Premiership!

But then fuck you fans they follow that with one 1 win in 20 games. With about ten of them being last minute losses or draws. After that glimmer of hope we are now 6 points of the playoffs.  I fucking hate my own team for giving me a slight moment of hope for once in the past decade.

Burnley are probably going to stay up now as well. Bastards.

Everton going down would be the end of almost 70 years in the top flight. The only club which has been in the top division longer is never relegated Arsenal. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

never relegated Arsenal

We were relegated in 1913. However we haven't been relegated since we returned to the top flight (fairly and squarely on merit, as every north London football fan will tell you) a few years later after WWI.

Edited by PunkStep

13 hours ago, PunkStep said:

We were relegated in 1913. However we haven't been relegated since we returned to the top flight (fairly and squarely on merit, as every north London football fan will tell you) a few years later after WWI.

Henry Norris is one of the most fascinating stories in football. He and Chapman are arguably the two most important men in our history and in English football. The fact he still pisses off Spurs fans and he's been dead for over 80 years is a fitting tribute.

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Henry Norris is one of the most fascinating stories in football. He and Chapman are arguably the two most important men in our history and in English football. The fact he still pisses off Spurs fans and he's been dead for over 80 years is a fitting tribute.

You can tell yourself that if it pleases you, personally I've never heard of him until you mentioned him.

Arsenal are having some immense luck at the moment for the top 4. Arguably Chelsea worst performance last week (yes, it was worse than Brentford) and then United turning up and totally capitulating. Next they have West Ham who will have NO centre backs playing. Unreal luck at this point of the season.

14 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Even noted cheats and morally bankrupt club Liverpool ensured fair play was adhered to in Arsenal regaining top flight status. 

2 hours ago, Factotum said:

Well one of them killed our parrot so...

Spurs fans hate everyone to be honest. Rival players, our ex players, our current players. We're idiots.

31 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Anyone got a text from @SuperBaconwith details of where the dogs are enclosed?

Nah he’ll be over the moon that dad’s finally returned from going to the shop for a pack of cigarettes. 

Conte is a world class manager but Spurs gonna Spurs and Pochettino is probably the best fit for them of any potential candidates. The old David Moyes “You don’t have to be a winner to be a winner but he’s a winner anyway” meme fits perfectly for them and Poc and if he did manage to win something second time around there isn’t a manager they’d want that for more.

• Paid Members

Spurs need a clear rebuild with a longer term manager. I'm not sure if Poch is right to do that again, but Conte definitely isn't that guy, so I guess it makes sense.

53 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Anyone got a text from @SuperBaconwith details of where the dogs are enclosed?

The cat is safe, don't worry.

17 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Nah he’ll be over the moon that dad’s finally returned from going to the shop for a pack of cigarettes. 

Conte is a world class manager but Spurs gonna Spurs and Pochettino is probably the best fit for them of any potential candidates. The old David Moyes “You don’t have to be a winner to be a winner but he’s a winner anyway” meme fits perfectly for them and Poc and if he did manage to win something second time around there isn’t a manager they’d want that for more.

*Garthing* Would I want Conte to stay? Yes.

Do I think Kane will leave if Conte leaves? Yes.

Do I think Poch would be the best option if that happens? Absolutely yes. 

He's a project manager. Let him rip it up and start again. I don't give a shit that PSG fans don't like him. "Failure" at PSG means fuck all (won the league in his first full season though eh?) and better managers than Poch have fallen foul of the PSG board and their bullshit.

As Danger said, Dads coming home to be a beautiful loser forever with us. A match made in heaven that is destined to never let us win anything. Glory, glory hallelujah.